MORE COROLLA'S RECALLED

I assume the pain will eventually fall on Takata, but initially will be the car manufacturer who has to wear the replacement and service fees..but I am sure they will do all to recover those costs..I am surprised so many have not brought their cars in to have the airbags done already, I mean it has been in the news for ages about airbags and the deaths caused..reading the article they have until December 31st to have them done or faces fines..hmm

KAA 

9 hours ago, KAA said:

I assume the pain will eventually fall on Takata, but initially will be the car manufacturer who has to wear the replacement and service fees..but I am sure they will do all to recover those costs..I am surprised so many have not brought their cars in to have the airbags done already, I mean it has been in the news for ages about airbags and the deaths caused..reading the article they have until December 31st to have them done or faces fines..hmm

KAA 

Man, what a colossal liability. It's so hard to fathom how this could've been possible in the first place. Takata only had one job to do and that was to make an airbag for cars. You'd think there would be strict processes in place to thoroughly test the device before going into production. It would be interesting to see how the financial aspect of this pans out for the company because the figures would be astronomical.  

For those who still haven't bothered to get their cars sorted, I think deserve a fine because this has been going for years and it's been reported ad nauseam.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Man, what a colossal liability. It's so hard to fathom how this could've been possible in the first place. Takata only had one job to do and that was to make an airbag for cars. You'd think there would be strict processes in place to thoroughly test the device before going into production. It would be interesting to see how the financial aspect of this pans out for the company because the figures would be astronomical.  

For those who still haven't bothered to get their cars sorted, I think deserve a fine because this has been going for years and it's been reported ad nauseam.

Definitely a colossal liability and Takata is no longer in existence. This Wikipedia link gives a summarised history. I did not know that they had quality control issues with their Mexican subsidiary. Plenty of lessons there when you expand operations and have to manage and up skill a workforce in a different culture let alone different environmental conditions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takata_Corporation

Instead of a fine, i am more thinking of sending out vehicle defect notices and not being able to register or transfer registration of vehicles unless or until the airbag has been replaced. Maybe the Government should also request insurers to consider not providing or renewing cover for those affected vehicles not repaired. 

• Like 1

Exactly Tony, Massive repercussions for Takata, world wide lawsuits world wide recalls.. I agree any who have not bothered even checking if they are required to do a recall should be fined..imagine you have sold your car on privately and then the new owners have an accident and are killed or badly injured by the faulty airbag that you couldn't be bothered getting fixed..it shows the laziness or total lack of any empathy some have for their fellow man

KAA

Edited by KAA

2 minutes ago, campbeam said:

Instead of a fine, i am more thinking of sending out vehicle defect notices and not being able to register or transfer registration of vehicles unless or until the airbag has been replaced. Maybe the Government should also request insurers to consider not providing or renewing cover for those affected vehicles not repaired.

Well said Ash, it is something that has to be sorted out and should have been sorted out NOW..so many would have sold their car on to avoid any issue or just dumb and didn't even bother checking if they were affected

KAA

4 minutes ago, campbeam said:

Definitely a colossal liability and Takata is no longer in existence. This Wikipedia link gives a summarised history. I did not know that they had quality control issues with their Mexican subsidiary. Plenty of lessons there when you expand operations and have to manage and up skill a workforce in a different culture let alone different environmental conditions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takata_Corporation

I think they already do this in Victoria.I follow a youtuber called Peter Anderson who tinkers with cars and he has had to surrender two Toyota Starlets to the local Dealership (he was paid for them, of course, probably peanuts..can't remember the actual amount) under direction from the State Govt.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KAA said:

.imagine you have sold your car on privately and then the new owners have an accident and are killed or badly injured by the faulty airbag that you couldn't be bothered getting fixed..it shows the laziness or total lack of any empathy some have for their fellow man

I agree totally. It's extremely irresponsible and downright dangerous. 

With COVID-19 etc, I had forgotten all about this Takate airbag recall.

I do remember previous posts and then checking a website to confirm my vehicle was not affected.

Girlfriend's Yaris has been fixed under this recall so not on the radar.

I should get my sons who have recently bought cars to also check the website to confirm their vehicles are also not affected.

In the meantime, it is the usual buyer beware protocol. Best to check that the airbag recall has been performed on the vehicle before getting in for a test drive. It could be a factor in whether you buy that vehicle and have the inconvenience of getting the airbag recall done or move on and select a vehicle with the airbag recall already done. Something else to consider is that certain vehicles have had to go back and have the airbag recall done a 2nd time so it always pays to check and re-check.

8 minutes ago, campbeam said:

With COVID-19 etc, I had forgotten all about this Takate airbag recall.

The Global warming alarmists seem to have taken time out too lol.. Don't hear anything about "climate change" anymore :surprise:

COVID has taken over all the news in the world but did hear a few talks about climate change with the massive California fires currently roaring over there..plus the number of hurricanes hitting the south east coastal areas of late..they actually ran out of names for them and will start using the greek alphabet soon for further ones

so as we know well things have certainly changed so lets hope this summer isn't a repeat of last christmas new year..the local fire crews have been doing a lot of burn offs here on the central coast of late so fingers crossed👨‍🚒👩‍🚒🤞🤞

Stay Safe

KAA