I'm Excited !

Hi Gents,

I just came across this video from our friend Pan The Organizer who has revealed a new product from 303. The last people I expected that would make such a product to be honest.

The next generation of paint sealants is known as "Graphene" which pushes the bar even further than ceramics. Not discounting ceramic coatings, the new Graphene coating system will be very interesting to see how it fares among detailers alike.

At the moment it's only available in the U.S. (Of course, shock horror), and no international sales at this point, but I'm hoping to get my hands on a bottle to try out at some point.

Just looking at the U.S. distributor, it retails for U.S$19.99 for a 16 oz (473ml) bottle. That's pretty good value.

Let's see how long it takes to trickle down under...

30236-303-graphene-nano-spray-coating-product-shot-min.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Hi Gents,

I just came across this video from our friend Pan The Organizer who has revealed a new product from 303. The last people I expected that would make such a product to be honest.

The next generation of paint sealants is known as "Graphene" which pushes the bar even further than ceramics. Not discounting ceramic coatings, the new Graphene coating system will be very interesting to see how it fares among detailers alike.

At the moment it's only available in the U.S. (Of course, shock horror), and no international sales at this point, but I'm hoping to get my hands on a bottle to try out at some point.

Just looking at the U.S. distributor, it retails for U.S$19.99 for a 16 oz (473ml) bottle. That's pretty good value.

Let's see how long it takes to trickle down under...

30236-303-graphene-nano-spray-coating-product-shot-min.png

I've been keeping an eye on the graphene products.

I've mainly been watching APEX DETAIL, who has just done a video on this product (I'm about to watch it)

Have you tried mixing different products, for example Turtle wax Ceramic, and some another product just out of curiosity?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Novicebutnice said:

Have you tried mixing different products, for example Turtle wax Ceramic, and some another product just out of curiosity?

No. I haven't had the opportunity to try mixing ceramics as I haven't bothered with ceramics as such due to having no shelter where I am. Hopefully this will change soon..

Spray on ceramics are forgiving but a more professional level application will need shelter for not only prep work but application and cure time without the risk of contamination. High end ceramics are fiddly and mixing them would go against the manufacturer's recommendation for a certain product to perform to it's optimal condition. But in saying that if you were to "mix" products it's probaby not a good idea to cross a polymer with a ceramic for example. If you were to layer two products, they'd need to be from the same chemical composition for it to have any appreciable qualities. I know this of synthetic polymer and wax based products, not of ceramics. I wouldn't think it would be a problem mixing ceramics because the ceramics are all SiO2 based anyway. 

Regarding polymer sealants, I know when I put down a layer of polymer sealant, I can then put down a sacraficial layer of Collinite 845 insulator wax for that georgous warm glow and some extra water beading performance. 

I think with ceramics, due to their already robust qualities, mixing or layering different ceramics brands may be a waste of time and money. I'd find one you like and just keep topping with this.

The general idea could be a hand application with a concentrate and then use the same brands "topper" ceramic spray to keep it topped up.

The hybrid type sprays are pretty cool because you can get some of the benefit of ceramic protection without the full production of polishing and prepping the surface. Just wash and clay the surface, spray the stuff on and buff off.

Great for the everyday punter and someone who wants to do it in a hurry too.

If you wanted to try a different ceramic product, you'd need to strip the old one back, clean the slate and start fresh for best results. 

• Like 1