Cold Cathode Install

Brad!

Ok maby a noob question, maby a rice question, but all the same its still a question lol

I am about to buy cold cathode lights, the ones that are meant for computers. any way i know how to hook them up and everything, just going to tap into ciggy power source. any way my question is, is about a switch. Now i want to put a switch in, but im unsure about the fuse bussiness. Do i need one(its going into ciggy lighter wire)? What one do i need? How/where do i install it? Any sites of assitance.

Thanks alot, i know maby not your cup of tea, but all the same just want something a bit different.

Thanks,

Brad

Ok maby a noob question, maby a rice question, but all the same its still a question lol

I am about to buy cold cathode lights, the ones that are meant for computers. any way i know how to hook them up and everything, just going to tap into ciggy power source. any way my question is, is about a switch. Now i want to put a switch in, but im unsure about the fuse bussiness. Do i need one(its going into ciggy lighter wire)? What one do i need? How/where do i install it? Any sites of assitance.

Thanks alot, i know maby not your cup of tea, but all the same just want something a bit different.

Thanks,

Brad

I installed Red cathodes in the footwells... looked awesome and matched the dash perfectly..

Just tap into the ciggy lighter wires.. if you want a switch put an inline switch on the Positive wire.. cuts the power completely

thanks for that. Just quick comfirmation. After the invertor box i cut the computer harness and all other wires just leaving black and red wires yes? Also where did you get your cathode from.

Thanks for such quick reply

BTW. - good ol ebay is where i think im going to get it from

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi..._Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT

Now it already has a rocket switch, but im pretty sure it will be after the computer wires. I cant find any help just to clarify it, hope you can help

Edited by 2bnvd

Yerp... just cut off everything except the red and black wires coming from the inverter..

I got my cathodes from PC Case Gear

Cathodes are way brighter than neons.. and easier to hide

the switch they come with is pretty crappy...

id install one of those aircraft missle type switches up near the power mirrors

Edited by MotoMan

thanks for that, going to get the UV ones, dual 12" ones. They should light up the cabbin pretty well yer.

Nope.. UV are very dim... they are designed to make stuff glow.. not light up large areas..

2062019_73_full.jpg

Thats what i Did.

Or if you want , put them under the front seats, So you'll get some light to the back area as well as the front foot area. (so instead of buying 4 CCFL, just get 2 of them and put it under the seats) :)

Edited by leasaunce

i kinda want them to show on the front seats a bit as well. Will 2 30cm say blue cathodes light up a pretty nice area? i want to be able to see a glow from outside the car

Thanks

CCFL is so much brighter than Neon, i 've got 12cm CCFL and as you can see from the photo they're bright.

30cm CCFL will be pretty bright! B)