Toyota Kluger Grande fuel tank

Maaz

Hello Everyone,

I have recently bought a toyota kluger grande 2008 awd. i have filled the fuel couple of times it just does not go beyond 62 litres while the tank can be filled till 72 litres. Can someone please guide me what information i am missing on?

regards,

Maaz.

Have a look at your owners manual. Similar to the Aurion which has a 70 litre tank, I expect the fuel warning light comes on when there is 15 litres remaining in reserve in the tank. 

Furthermore, the fuel pump is cooled by the fuel in the tank so better to refuel well before the fuel warning light comes on. Accordingly, I refuel before the fuel gauge is indicating a quarter of tank remaining. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 4:49 AM, campbeam said:

Furthermore, the fuel pump is cooled by the fuel in the tank so better to refuel well before the fuel warning light comes on. Accordingly, I refuel before the fuel gauge is indicating a quarter of tank remaining. 

That's excellent advice Ashley. I get my wife to refuel even when it's half way and 1/4 tank is like 'empty" for her and we never let it run right down to reserve.

I suspect the O.P. is filling up with quite a bit of juice still in there. Not a bad thing anyway. 

7 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

That's excellent advice Ashley. I get my wife to refuel even when it's half way and 1/4 tank is like 'empty" for her and we never let it run right down to reserve.

I suspect the O.P. is filling up with quite a bit of juice still in there. Not a bad thing anyway. 

Similar approach. I refuelled today at half way mark with 367km on the trip meter. 200km on the trip meter is refuel reminder time for me but I am not driving every day. 

I think that the O.P. filled up after getting the fuel warning light. Hopefully, it was just a trial rather than usual practice.

7 hours ago, campbeam said:

Similar approach. I refuelled today at half way mark with 367km on the trip meter. 200km on the trip meter is refuel reminder time for me but I am not driving every day. 

It's also a lot less painful when paying for the stuff too..

7 hours ago, campbeam said:

I think that the O.P. filled up after getting the fuel warning light. Hopefully, it was just a trial rather than usual practice.

That will do it for sure. As soon as the fuel warning light comes on, you still have a decent amount and some have even reported getting another 100 kays, but I'd never push it that far gee whiz.. If you want your fuel pump to last, the lowest I'd go is a quarter tank.