Graphene Coating 2020

Hi Gents,

I am very excited about a new product that has been released by 303 and it's a new incarnation of paint sealant/protectant similar to ceramic coating but on a whole new level.

The chemistry behind this product is truly amazing and for those who love to geek out on chemistry and science this one is for you too.

So the new product is called 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coat. It has already been released in the U.S and it was literally completely sold out in 24 hrs !! You CANNOT get it anywhere at the moment until they restock. Forget about getting it here for now as it's not even hit the radar yet. Like everything else in Australia, we're always the last to get anything and I've already contacted several detailer suppliers and asked if and when will it be arriving here.

You can view these videos below to get an understanding of Graphene technology and how this will be a game changer in the detailing world.

I take my hat off to 303, the last people in the world I would've expected to come up with a product like this, they not only successfully engineered a new product from scratch, but have completely knocked it out of the park. My respect for this company has risen ten fold now and I cannot wait to get my hands on this stuff.

Update: 303 Graphene Nano Spray is readily available in Australia. Car Care products and your usual auto parts outlets stock it now.

Edited by Tony Prodigy

Good to hear about the suppliers release date Tony..I watched this very interesting video last night from our favourite Pan The Organiser a long but very interesting video about Graphene Coatings good conversation with the head lab guy from 303..and clears up a lot of rubbish claims as well so hope you enjoy it as well

https://youtu.be/kw4Ai1973sk

Keep Well

KAA

6 minutes ago, KAA said:

very interesting video about Graphene Coatings good conversation with the head lab guy from 303..and clears up a lot of rubbish claims

Yep indeed Robert. I think those who are quick to judge do so at their own peril. It shows their ignorance more than anything. I like to research things out before I dive in, especially when I report them here. I trust Pan's judgement, and when a new product comes out, I always watch his videos first. 

His video with the Top Dog Chemist was very interesting and it needed to be long as it dealt with the whole spectrum of analysis. I'm so excited about this stuff.

Did you also notice the bottle he was using was called "launch Edition". I doubt we will get that version here.Only the Elites in the game were given these as a sample to use and test and provide content. The main distributor in the U.S goldeagle.com literally sold out in 24hrs. Sold like hot cakes !!

• Like 1

Yes saw that bottle mate, and read about 5 reviews saying that it went so fast..from all that the video stated I would be sure to try it over ceramic when it becomes available..Ceramic is still good but this seems light years ahead when it comes to instant usage over cure time and ease of use by just spraying it..I like to be able to use our car after washing, polishing and detailing and just adds to the joy I get from jumping in a perfectly detailed car, it's heartwarming and provides so much pleasure..that is why I take pride in all I do..glad you enjoyed the video as it is the way of the future

Keep Safe Mate 

KAA

16 hours ago, KAA said:

Ceramic is still good but this seems light years ahead when it comes to instant usage over cure time and ease of use by just spraying it..I like to be able to use our car after washing, polishing and detailing and just adds to the joy I get from jumping in a perfectly detailed car, it's heartwarming and provides so much pleasure..that is why I take pride in all I do..glad you enjoyed the video as it is the way of the future

You hit the nail on the head Robert. When I wash my cars, it's a pleasurable experience for me. Some might think I'm quite mad saying that but it's true. It is, as you say, heartwarming to be able to not only clean it properly, but to also apply the protection too. Ceramics do have their place, but for me I'd prefer to be able to apply and re apply a sealant or topper the easiest way possible. Ceramic coatings, due to their expensive price, needs to have the paint prepped from start to finish. Chemical decontamination, fallout, clay bar, machine polish, IPA wipe and THEN apply. You also need an enclosed space, which is clean, well lit and allow to cure. If I had that kind of garage, I'd happily try it out, but I don't. So for me, products that can provide the same level of protection with ease of application always get my nod of approval. This graphene stuff is a true game changer.

I will still use my polymer sealants, waxes etc as I love the finish they provide along with the water beading properties. I have three different cars I can try three different systems and combinations. 

I will have to find out a little more about product compatibility with the graphene to see If it's possible to put a sacrificial layer of wax over the top. Collinite 845 Insulator wax is one of favourite waxes. Lasts around a month or two, but the glow it provides is outstanding along with the water beading properties.

I still haven't used my P&S Beadmaker either ( sorry Ash, kinda slipped through the cracks. Will get to it soon)

So many products and possible combinations to figure out. When I do, I will let you all know.

• Thanks 1