Jump to content

Approach Angle


 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Mick2222 said:

I need to know the following, for my 2010 Corolla Ultima:

Approach Angle
Departure Angle


Mick

Not exactly sure whether you are referring to apexing the corner as demonstrated in this video

or perhaps cornering techniques as demonstrated in the embedded video of this link

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/4-things-you-should-never-do-in-a-front-wheel-drive-car/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, Hiro said:

I'd say more likely the OP is asking about approach/departure angles in the ground clearance sense (ie how steep a ramp can you hit before bottoming out)

That’s correct, Hiro.

The centre of the front bumper strikes our street, when driving (very slowly) down the ramp, out of our house.

I need to know the angles for comparison purposes, when buying a new car.

Mick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You will need to do some measurements of the ground clearance and the distance of your wheel to the bumper. Then input your figures into this calculator.

https://www.calculator.net/right-triangle-calculator.html?av=6&alphav=&alphaunit=d&bv=28&betav=&betaunit=d&cv=&hv=&areav=&perimeterv=&x=75&y=17 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 hours ago, campbeam said:

You will need to do some measurements of the ground clearance and the distance of your wheel to the bumper. Then input your figures into this calculator.

https://www.calculator.net/right-triangle-calculator.html?av=6&alphav=&alphaunit=d&bv=28&betav=&betaunit=d&cv=&hv=&areav=&perimeterv=&x=75&y=17 

 

Thanks Campbeam, that will work a treat.

That is sooo simple...

 

Mick

Edited by Mick2222
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, campbeam said:

You will need to do some measurements of the ground clearance and the distance of your wheel to the bumper. Then input your figures into this calculator.

https://www.calculator.net/right-triangle-calculator.html?av=6&alphav=&alphaunit=d&bv=28&betav=&betaunit=d&cv=&hv=&areav=&perimeterv=&x=75&y=17 

 

Ahh Pythagorean Theorem lol. Takes me back to high school Ash. I haven't heard words like Hypotenuse in over 30 years 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Ahh Pythagorean Theorem lol. Takes me back to high school Ash. I haven't heard words like Hypotenuse in over 30 years 😂 

This post did have me thinking again about my High School maths. Certainly have not used any algebra and forgotten all of the formulas that we had to memorise.

My Dad was a builder and he always said that the perfect pitch of a roof was 33.33 degrees. Now that approach angle would have you going over the handlebars of your push bike.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, campbeam said:

This post did have me thinking again about my High School maths. Certainly have not used any algebra and forgotten all of the formulas that we had to memorise.

My Dad was a builder and he always said that the perfect pitch of a roof was 33.33 degrees. Now that approach angle would have you going over the handlebars of your push bike.

 

 

I used to be great at Maths, was in the advanced class (not bragging either 😀) and I remember all those crazy formulas we had to memorise. If I had to do it all now, I'd be a dismal failure. 

33.33 degrees for the roof and some of the streets in my area were that and some. We rocketed around like crazy on our BMX bikes. Ahh, the good old days.. ( I Still have my childhood BMX, going to be fully restored too)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

We rocketed around like crazy on our BMX bikes. Ahh, the good old days..

When we got old enough, we upgraded to cars and here we are.

This is another online calculator which I use often for tyre size comparisons even though I am staying with the stock original size tyres.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




  • Join The Club

    Join the Toyota Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

  • Latest Postings

    1. 1

      2010 camry altise fog/driving lights night photo

    2. 40

      VSC, Traction Control, Check Engine lights all on

    3. 8

      2016 Hilux loosing coolant Please help

    4. 1

      2010 Hilux engine light issues - PLEASE HELP!

    5. 3

      What spares to take touring

    6. 1

      Engine Starving for Diesel

    7. 87

      Long hard road…

    8. 1

      2010 camry altise fog/driving lights night photo

    9. 1

      U66OE tranny acts weird

    10. 1

      Engine Starving for Diesel

Toyota Owners Club AU © 2020 | This Website has no association with Toyota (AU) or Toyota Motor Corporation. | Cookies | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership