turning on displays in dash cluster

ZombiePunkRat

So, I'm trying to see if all the displays in my cluster can be turned on. I know features are turned off at the factory but I can't find a solid answer in they can be turned on without going to the dealership and spending a small unnecessary fortune, or attempting to find one with the displays lit up.

I own a 2005 Yaris 

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yes strange question ..are you trying to find the hidden features you talk about?..usually all the features you may have in your model of Yaris are featured in your owner's manual..some may be off because they are not available in your model, or not connected for the same reason..so please provide more information about what your attempting to find out or do Zombie

• 1 month later...

Are the items in the display actually features on your model?  Often dash clusters will have provision for all items that can be fitted to that car (so there only needs to be one cluster manufactured, or maybe one for manual and one for auto).

For instance, my 1998 Corolla cluster has an ABS light which never comes on, because ABS isn't fitted to my car (it was an option extra).

As the other guys have mentioned. It may not be possible to see these extra feature lights turn on, even if there was a way to "force" them on, they may not light up because the wiring loom may not support those extra features if the particular model of Yaris doesn't have those features.

The factory will not waste time, money or effort to enable certain indications in the cluster if they are not necessary for that particular model or options.

Hope that makes sense.