2020 Toyota Avalon TRD

Tony Prodigy

I really wish we had these cars too. I'd seriously consider buying one. I absolutely love the interior design. Ah, that Toyota Quality oozing everywhere. Styling isn't bad either and the exhaust note is very nice too.

The guy in this video talks a bit too fast but good video nonetheless. When he says TRD it sounds like "Tierdee" 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes Tony I Love the look of the TRD Avalon. Lovely styling and as we all know Toyota really lifts the bar on interiors and the GO GO pedal excitement

Maybe one day they will allow us to get the products they offer the rest of the world, that or come back here and build some just for us..I can dream

KAA

You can definitely see some of the styling cues from this Avalon and the latest gen Camry. I don't think our market is receptive enough to welcome another "sedan" car which is why they killed of the Avalon and now the Aurion and condensed it into one offering, The Camry with the V6 option. It will be very sad if they ditch the V6 in favour of a turbo 4. I really don't want a turbo car. I much prefer naturally aspirated V6 goodness and reliability. 

I hope Toyota don't screw us this way. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

You can definitely see some of the styling cues from this Avalon and the latest gen Camry. I don't think our market is receptive enough to welcome another "sedan" car which is why they killed of the Avalon and now the Aurion and condensed it into one offering, The Camry with the V6 option. It will be very sad if they ditch the V6 in favour of a turbo 4. I really don't want a turbo car. I much prefer naturally aspirated V6 goodness and reliability. 

We can only hope that sales of the new Camry V6 are sufficient to warrant continued availability.

I am more thinking that the Camry range could eventually be consolidated to just the Camry Hybrid model. Perhaps then, there would be consideration for the Avalon Hybrid model.

Toyota is developing a new V6 turbo engine to replace the V8 so I am dreaming that that engine will become available in a sedan. 

https://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/2020-toyota-camry-vs-2020-toyota-avalon-whats-the-difference

• Like 1

8 hours ago, campbeam said:

We can only hope that sales of the new Camry V6 are sufficient to warrant continued availability.

I am more thinking that the Camry range could eventually be consolidated to just the Camry Hybrid model. Perhaps then, there would be consideration for the Avalon Hybrid model.

Toyota is developing a new V6 turbo engine to replace the V8 so I am dreaming that that engine will become available in a sedan. 

https://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/2020-toyota-camry-vs-2020-toyota-avalon-whats-the-difference

In my opinion i'm not really fond of the new Camry, the last Camry/Aurion's in my opinion were superior, the 8sp auto now used isn't as "responsive", in all honesty considering it's now the same DI/MPI 3.5L 2GR V6 that's in the ES350, i just feel the Camry version doesn't have all it's power ?, meanwhile the old Aurion has ALL it's power without feeling like it's intentionally being "restricted" for obvious reasons. The older 6sp auto was brilliant by comparison. However the Avalon wouldn't be a bad upgrade, it's not a bad all round package !

19 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I agree, nothing like a Toyota V6, especially that engine note.

Bit like the Jaguar V12, electronics aside

Under-stressed, silky smooth & linear power delivery. Along with an iconic true V12 sound. 

Edited by TommyM