2004 Corolla ZZE122R Ascent Wagon, buy for $8.5K?

Jacken

Hi everyone,

I am new here and really keen on a Corolla wagon.

Anyone familiar with the prices they can go for these days? I see one with 158k KM's, decent condition inside and out (haven't taken it for a test drive though, going off pics) looks like it might have the 'safety pack' with passenger airbags and ABS too according to the listing.

It's going for $8.5K though excluding government charges. Comes with a roadworthy and 2 months rego.

Is this too much to ask for? I'll of course try to pay a bit less, but if they don't budge, what do you think? I really want one and they're tricky to find around me.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Jacken
Details

Sounds waaaaaay overpriced (especially for a base-model Ascent), even Sportivos don't go for that much.  I've been keeping an eye out for ZZE wagons for a while, and for a good condition pre-facelift model with ~200k they seem to be going for around the $5k mark (although I've solely been looking at manuals, and private sales rather than dealers), there are some $2-3k bargains out there but they tend to be much higher ks.

If it was a Levin it might be close to actual value, but no way for an Ascent (or even a Conquest).  COVID is completely screwing with used car prices, if you can afford to wait a little while they'll hopefully start to drop back down a bit.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, campbeam said:

Thanks mate! Phoaar what I would do to find one for 3,800 lol 😅 every time I look at price guides and stuff I feel so lost all over again, I never see them in that price range unfortunately or I'd start throwing my money!

13 minutes ago, Hiro said:

Sounds waaaaaay overpriced (especially for a base-model Ascent), even Sportivos don't go for that much.  I've been keeping an eye out for ZZE wagons for a while, and for a good condition pre-facelift model with ~200k they seem to be going for around the $5k mark (although I've solely been looking at manuals, and private sales rather than dealers), there are some $2-3k bargains out there but they tend to be much higher ks.

If it was a Levin it might be close to actual value, but no way for an Ascent (or even a Conquest).  COVID is completely screwing with used car prices, if you can afford to wait a little while they'll hopefully start to drop back down a bit.

Yeah I guess you're right. Thanks for steering me away from that bud!

I supposed I can afford to wait a while, for the wagon anyway. Really could use any car right now though! I might buy something cheaper just for running around now and then grab the wagon later when prices normalize a bit. Got any ideas on a Corolla, or actually just any Toyota to be honest, that I could snatch up for a good price without too much hassle at the moment?

The main reason of the desire for the wagon is so I can sleep in the back lol 😅

I see you mentioned around 200KM's as well, maybe I should lower my standards rather than always looking out for low KM's, I guess we are talking about Toyota's hey (I hear they last a very long time.. I'm honestly not too familiar with them but want to be)

On 11/30/2020 at 8:32 PM, Jacken said:

I see you mentioned around 200KM's as well, maybe I should lower my standards rather than always looking out for low KM's, I guess we are talking about Toyota's hey (I hear they last a very long time.. I'm honestly not too familiar with them but want to be)

Remember we're talking about a ~15 year old car here, 20,000k a year is entirely reasonable which means 300,000 all up.  Especially since the wagons are more likely to have been used by rural owners or for family road-trips

1 minute ago, Hiro said:

Remember we're talking about a ~15 year old car here, 20,000k a year is entirely reasonable which means 300,000 all up.  Especially since the wagons are more likely to have been used by rural owners or for family road-trips

Yeah true, you're right. My standards have definitely been high! How many K's do you think one of the wagons could last for before you had to replace the transmission or something insanely expensive?