is it my car or is it Avensis in general

toav

hey Guys , you have  been awesome in the forum 

just wondering if its my car 

purchased a 2006 Avensis - in excellent condition , logbooks and all I have been keeping it that way 

Nothing wrong with it , drives beautifully but I can feel that the Car wobbles not wobbling exactly , I mean lets say if you are at a signal turning right and you have passing traffic at speed of 80 km or more or you have stopped stopping lane in a highway , every time a car passes thru you can feel while in car the car shakes a bit as if its going to be blown away by force as if its shallow , is it normal for Avensis

guess , you can get my point

waiting for your replies

sri  

What you are describing is normal for any vehicle. It is more a case of how close the vehicle is when it overtakes you. The closer the vehicle, the greater the wind effect.

On the open highway, I noticed this effect when I had an oncoming semi-trailer. I learnt to move over to the left to widen the gap between our vehicles and this dramatically reduced the wind effect.

58 minutes ago, campbeam said:

What you are describing is normal for any vehicle. It is more a case of how close the vehicle is when it overtakes you. The closer the vehicle, the greater the wind effect.

On the open highway, I noticed this effect when I had an oncoming semi-trailer. I learnt to move over to the left to widen the gap between our vehicles and this dramatically reduced the wind effect.

thanks campbeam , much appreciate it

haven't specifically felt more in other cars , for eg you sit in a Holden commo and a vehicle overtakes you , hardly feel a thing , may be its more in this model of Toyota - Avensis - any one else who owns a Avensis want to share 

thanks guys

If by Avensis you mean the Avensis Verso, then it is quite likely to be completely normal.  You are afterall driving a tall slab-sided and relatively narrow-footed van, not a low-slung sports car or sedan.

• Like 1