Servicing your Camry

perthcamry

Hi

Just wanted to get your feedback on your service costs and stuff on your Camry.

Mine is in for a 30,000k service – getting the AC checked as its not super cool, also a squeak in the back and the brakes checked as the handbrake does not disengage on one wheel I think. Also those window rubbers…..

I also get the emission thing as no idea if it does anything but sounds good – prob a load of rubbish but I want the best out of the poor old 4 cyl so every 1% helps I figure.

Anyway see what the total price is…. :rolleyes:

Hi fellas :)

I just had mine serviced for 15K and it was $245

When I got there the guy explained that the base 15K service would cost around $210 and he also recommended the wheel alignment and the tyre rotation for $65 more. I thought about it for a few seconds and then I asked him whether they were absolutely necessary or not.

He said they were optional and offered to do a "check" to determine whether the wheel alignment/tyre rotation is necessary or not.

I thought why not check so then I said yes.

When the service's done and he presented me the invoice, it says the wheel alignment "check" cost $30

I wished he had told me that the "check" would cost me $30 :( Oh well :P

I got mine done at Scarborough Toyota in Feb this year...cost me $79!

Well they replaced my lock nuts without asking cause they couldn't find the key (even though I bought the car from them and hadn't touched it) which cost me another $70.

Well they replaced my lock nuts without asking cause they couldn't find the key (even though I bought the car from them and hadn't touched it) which cost me another $70.

Umm must have been an inbetween service. City Toyota was cheaper I found by ringing around

Hey

Go to this site which is Sydney City Toyota, which is run and owned by Toyota Australia.

It gives you a run down on all the costs of servicing current Toyotas.

Sydney City Toyota - Service Price Estimate

WOW man! :o

the servicing price between GEN 4 and GEN 5/5.5 Camry for 150,000km are differs. :huh: it costs $200 more expensive for GEN 5/5.5 <_< very strange....

Umm must have been an inbetween service. City Toyota was cheaper I found by ringing around

Gotta agree with that i found City Toyota is quite cheaper than scarborough one :)

• 4 weeks later...

Toyota can be quite expensive... I was quoted $600 (:o) from Toyota for a 150,000 km service... So I told them where to go... took it back to my home town and the Mazda dealer (my mum has a Mazda) and they did it for $200 and it still runs like a dream. The minor services I just do myself.. but yeah, find somewhere cheaper than Toyota, or find a decent Toyota dealer (sounds like you have some up in NSW)!

• 3 years later...
Toyota can be quite expensive... I was quoted $600 (:o) from Toyota for a 150,000 km service... So I told them where to go... took it back to my home town and the Mazda dealer (my mum has a Mazda) and they did it for $200 and it still runs like a dream. The minor services I just do myself.. but yeah, find somewhere cheaper than Toyota, or find a decent Toyota dealer (sounds like you have some up in NSW)!

New member browsing old stuff. If your car was a V6 and you kept it for a long time you were either lucky or your motor could have come to a sudden diabolical stop because a $400+ requirement of the 150,000K service is replacement of the timing belt!

just in case none of you know about Toyota Service Advantage....

If you purchase a Brand new car from Toyota, The services for 3 years OR 60000 kms are capped at a set rate.

Yaris, Corolla, Camry, Aurion $130

Tarago, Kluger, Rav, Hilux $170

LC200, Prado $210 (deisel $250)

LC70 $300

... and Just to get a plug in.... if you buy from me at Lane Toyota, and Serive with us locally (Glen Waverley) We'll extend your standard manufacturers warranty to 6 years, or 150000 kms.

not bad IMO.....

just in case none of you know about Toyota Service Advantage....

If you purchase a Brand new car from Toyota, The services for 3 years OR 60000 kms are capped at a set rate.

Yaris, Corolla, Camry, Aurion $130

Tarago, Kluger, Rav, Hilux $170

LC200, Prado $210 (deisel $250)

LC70 $300

... and Just to get a plug in.... if you buy from me at Lane Toyota, and Serive with us locally (Glen Waverley) We'll extend your standard manufacturers warranty to 6 years, or 150000 kms.

not bad IMO.....

Does this apply to all cars under warranty, 60,000km or have to be brought brand new?

Hey

Go to this site which is Sydney City Toyota, which is run and owned by Toyota Australia.

I was just wondering, how Toyota Australia run service costs compare with other dealers? In my expereince other Toyota dealers tend to over charge and try to recommend extra work to be done!

I saw the web page of Sydney Cioty Toyota and it is impressive to see their service phoplosophy, do that really mean what they say?

K8Canb

Hehehe. Only looked at this site now and just realised there is a camera there in the workshop that you can watch a feed of and even control. Mind you all I see is an empty workshop with the lights off, but still.

Sydney City Toyota : Webcam

Does this [Toyota Service Advantage] apply to all cars under warranty, 60,000km or have to be brought brand new?

Not every car. The following page will let you check to see whether your car is covered:

https://webapps.toyota.com.au/apps/advantage/

In general, Service Advantage excludes Government and Rental vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...

I paid $48 for the 82500KM scheduled service for a Camry at local dealership. I changed the oil myself and had the tyre serviced somewhere else. So the rest of it cost $48. They will charge me $60 labour if they change the oil. You can do some minimal job yourself, but I will send the car to a workshop for safety test in order to keep a safe feeling and keep the insurance valid.

Yes, they accept it. But you wouldn't have you book stamped.

I guess, it wouldn't necessarily affect warranty if the you performed oil changing yourself unless the arrangement specified all the jobs have to be performed by a qualified mechanic. Otherwise, I will suggest as long as you can proof the right procedure was carried out and the manufactory or third party cannot demonstrate the fault is caused by your mistake, the warranty remain valid. I don’t know how it worked in practice.

Personally, because the car is out of warranty, and I choice to give up extended warranty (it specified all the service have to be carry out at the dealership). I wouldn’t have any problem of doing so.

Some service could be very expensive, for example, change ATF. I would expected $500bill ($300part+$80ws ATF+ about 2 hours labour) for the job. Doing some service job oneself save the money (labour) and having a lots of fun.

Some service could be very expensive, for example, change ATF. I would expected $500bill ($300part+$80ws ATF+ about 2 hours labour) for the job.

I'm not sure about the Camry but for the Aurion transmission fluid to be flushed and filled, I was quoted $190 by my dealer. I would assume the Camry would be the same, if not cheaper than that. Would also be cheaper than that if you provide you own alternative WS ATF.

For my next ATF change, I'm just going to pay Toyota to do it because of this 'must be 40 degrees' accuracy.

Interesting

Because $190 is the price I was quote. However, when the mechanic get to my home (Mobile) he changed the ATF and told me it is all done. I ask him why he didn’t change the filter he said you don’t have to. It is true, that on normal driving WS oil does not have to be changed as well as the filter.

The filter (OEM) itself worth $260 (same aftermarket on only worth $30 in US) and local dealer don’t have the stock. He came back the next week and changed the filter for the same price as the quote.

The local dealer quotes me about $190 for the same job. Do you think they will replace the filter? It wouldn’t even cover the cost of the part itself.

I kind of remember from somewhere on the MARK2 manual, I read the ATF have to be changed at 80,000KMS or if the car was driving at 80% of the maximal speed. If you check bob the oil guy, there is a discussion about this particular ATF. I would suggest even it is not a requirement; it is a better option to change ATF every 40,000, because I the filter come off my Camry doesn’t look clean at all.

PS. I wouldn't expected there is a alternitive for WS. Check out http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbth...p;Number=764277. Even there is one, it is not availiable in Australia. I thing there is a arguement of 40 degrees accurate somewhere might be toyotanation or bob the oil guy, your local workshop sould have the tester that can read ATF temperture, let them do the job under your supervise.

Edited by capodien