Undercarriage Washer

Tony Prodigy

Hi Gents,

For those of you who have tried to pressure wash your undercarriage, it can be a royal pain in the you know where.. 

I've been meaning to get one of these for ages and finally got around to. Simply hook it to your pressure washer and let the mini boom do the work.

It connects via 1/4" quick connects so you'd need to get the appropriate adapter for your machine. Consumer grade machines, like Karcher, gerni etc have proprietary connectors but you can buy the adapters that adapt the machines fitting to quick connect. Very cheap and handy.

It's quite a decent quality item, made from stainless steel and brass with rigid rubber wheels. I'm pretty impressed for what you get being only $45.

I've done a complete trigger gun and lance upgrade on my Kranzle machine and this new rig will complement this. I'll do a write up on the Kranzle upgrade soon.

But for now this is the item 

The last picture shows the angle adjuster, so you can have the jets pointing straight up or any angle you choose.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/15-5-Dual-FunctionHigh-Pressure-Car-Under-Washer-Surface-Cleaner-Carriage-NEW/203208053758?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131231084308%26meid%3D97540dabb80c49ad8050b4a8f6aad770%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D373363068802%26itm%3D203208053758%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DDefaultOrganicWithAblationExplorer%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

20201215_081955.jpg

20201215_082010.jpg

20201215_082024.jpg

• Like 1

Love it Tony, I have the Karcher one  which i bought when buying the washer set and have used it maybe 3 times since owning it..does a great job especially under the splash trays under the engine to get the mud and grime off..that looks a far superior one to mine being all metal and great adjuster set up..so look forward to your review mate

KAA

2 hours ago, KAA said:

does a great job especially under the splash trays under the engine to get the mud and grime off.

Now that you mentioned that specific benefit, it would be worthwhile for cleaning under the engine.

Certainly an area that does not get the greatest clean even when you go play in the rain and deliberately drive through puddles to give the underneath an impromptu pressure wash.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm just staggered how cheap it is for the quality. I'd easily expect to pay at least $100 for the system.

To do an effective clean of the underside, you need to use some type of cleaner. If you could spare it, wheel cleaner (non acidic) would be the best as it has excellent cleaning power not only dissolving road grime, but aids in degreasing and other contamination. I have been using the P&S Brake buster to clean my wheels/tyres and found it to be an excellent product for the money so I've added this one to my kit. I still have and use Nextzett, but I use this for the most stubborn wheels, especially when it comes to doing the inner barrels. 

If you don't want to use wheel cleaner, you can always dispense some cleaning agents mixed in with your foam cannon. Mix 1:10:laugh: snow foam and leave some room for a neat addition of GCP in the solution, say 50ml full strength. Spray it on and let it dwell for around 10 minutes give or take. This can also help loosen up the road grime. The combinations are endless. Just try what you have and see I guess. 

Cheers everyone :thumbsup:

Edited by Tony Prodigy
It's 1:10 not 100:1 lol.. Sorry folks
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, KAA said:

I have the Karcher one  which i bought when buying the washer set

You can also buy one of these if you ever decide to buy the rolling washer kit like mine to use with your Karcher Robert. 

More than one way to skin the cat, I always say 😜

• Thanks 1