Parking warning sensors

Hush

My new to me 07 Aurion alarms from the parking sensors every time I back out of my driveway, the slope is minimal and it sounds like it is only coming from one side so I am guessing one of the pick-ups is misaligned. Is there a way to fix this? Also the parking sensors only alarm when I am almost touching another vehicle, my old Aurion had more leeway so I was maybe 30 centimeters from another object, again is there an adjustment I can do or do I need to get Toyota to adjust this?

Dumb question, but have you tried giving the sensors a wipe? I had something similar once, one sensor was activating for no reason, after a rub with a cloth it came good again. I couldn't see anything at all on it at the time, but there must've been something on surface causing this gremlin.

2 hours ago, LordBug said:

Dumb question, but have you tried giving the sensors a wipe? I had something similar once, one sensor was activating for no reason, after a rub with a cloth it came good again. I couldn't see anything at all on it at the time, but there must've been something on surface causing this gremlin.

I was thinking the same thing earlier, but assumed the OP did try this. These sensors are strange little buggers that's for sure Bertil.

4 hours ago, Hush said:

My new to me 07 Aurion alarms from the parking sensors every time I back out of my driveway, the slope is minimal and it sounds like it is only coming from one side so I am guessing one of the pick-ups is misaligned. Is there a way to fix this? Also the parking sensors only alarm when I am almost touching another vehicle, my old Aurion had more leeway so I was maybe 30 centimeters from another object, again is there an adjustment I can do or do I need to get Toyota to adjust this?

Hi Rick, as far as I know OEM fitted sensors should never require calibration or aim adjustment. Do you know if the bumper has been off before ? It's possible one could be out but I doubt it. I have had several cars in the past where even on a slight incline it would intermittently ping but stop when levelling out. My previous D-Max used to ping all the time when reversing into my driveway as it would pick up the brick side wall of my house. 

You can ask Toyota if and when you get your next service done there and see what they say. I don't think there's much else apart from keeping the sensors clean and occasionally shoot some WD-40 to push any water out. Water ingress can affect how they operate.

Found this video that demonstrates how to test your sensors. Pretty cool vid.

I don't want to say for certain, but, when I was messing around with Techstream on my car I saw some options for the parking sensors. Not sure if any of those control the sensitivity/activation distance. Can't remember. I didn't really spend too long on that screen. 

33 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I'd be interested to find out more about this. Can you elaborate on what you have and where I could get it ?

I got one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-VCI-J2534-OBD2-Diagnosekabel-fur-Toyota-Lexus-TIS-Techstream-V13-00-022/254563572560?hash=item3b452bdb50:g:7s4AAOSwJx1ejWvN

Used it to change my headlight sensitivity - they come on far too late in my opinion. Compared to the 50 series the 40 series options are pretty limited. I did change my keyfob boot release from a 2 second hold to a single press, and enabled double unlocking. I might have a look around today for those parking sensor options, I'm sure I came across them. It might have just been to change the volume of them. 

117305415_10221033211493094_5598813542033651203_o.jpg

117653060_10221033211133085_8738517126225253943_o (1).jpg

• Thanks 1