Replacement radio/backing camera/GPS

Hush

I have read on here about the replacement for the old style GPS/Maps and see them advertised on Ebay for about $400, are these a direct plug and play, do they upload the latest maps from Google? The old system on my Aurion doesn't have half the streets around here and I find myself in limbo most of the time, upgrading this old system sounds expensive and requiring yearly upgrades at $300 per year.

Lots of different head units on ebay that will suit our Aurions, hard to say without seeing one in particular. However I would probably find one with Android Auto or Apple carplay so you can use Google maps through your smartphone.

I'm still running the old factory 4-stacker GPS unit in my car lol. I know you can get those massive Tesla style screens that replace both the headunit and the A/C controls too. 

Another vote for Google Maps (I use Waze though which has better alerts). You can grab an old-ish second-hand iPhone/Android phone, install Google Maps and download as many offline maps as you want (so no internet is required, except for the mandatory map refresh every 12? months). 

I bought one of the generic 9" units with the facia plates etc (~$200, 32/2gb) but it's quite slow and I have no confidence running Google Maps from it. It works great with Android Auto though via an app. 

2 hours ago, donnot said:

Another vote for Google Maps (I use Waze though which has better alerts). You can grab an old-ish second-hand iPhone/Android phone, install Google Maps and download as many offline maps as you want (so no internet is required, except for the mandatory map refresh every 12? months). 

Great tip for the data conscious too. :thumbsup: