campbeam

I have been researching the replacement of the front wheel bearing. In particular, I am thinking of trying to avoid having a bearing race stuck on the hub.  Ended up looking at a wheel hub removal tool and buying it on Amazon for $19 compared to $55 on eBay. 

https://www.amazon.com.au/FreeTec-Front-Installer-Puller-Universal/dp/B07QK9BJLV/ref=nav_ya_signin?tag=googleshopdsk-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=355314352693&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9139354426767559899&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9069315&hvtargid=pla-823681120767&psc=1& 

Following YouTube video demonstrates how to use it. 

I won't have to do anything like this for a fair while I think, but it's always good to research and be prepared for the unexpected. 

It's good to be able to cross reference the various selling platforms too. Ebay can be a good place to start, but then Amazon comes to mind as well for the cross checking of prices and various other offerings.

• 8 months later...

Recently purchased an inspection camera mainly to check for oil sludge in the engine. Having a dual lens camera is quite useful being able to have both a side view and a straight ahead view. I also opted for the 2 metre cable. The unit fits nicely in the hand, the 4.3" screen is a decent size and the built-in rechargable battery is a useful feature.    

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002350018686.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dv94NHw 

P40 8mm Single Dual Lens Industrial Endoscope 1080P HD 4.3 " LCD Digital Inspection Camera WIth Hard wire for Car Engine Drain 

It came packaged in a cardboard box so will transfer it to a clear plastic lunch box. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KAA said:

I am awaiting the Steven Spielberg epic to come of the insides of Mr Sludgy LOL

KAA

There will probably have to be another trilogy of extreme oil changes with multiple flushes before "Sludgy" is fully exorcised of oil sludge.

The inspection camera is going to be very useful to better assess progress to the desired final deep cleanse like new result.

• Thanks 1

Good stuff Ash. The dual lense is very handy too. Just wondering about shipping though. The only option is to have it shipped from China, where the other country options cannot be delivered from. This then brings you to shipping options, which then counts out both free shipping options, leaving the DHL service which comes in at a staggering $78.19. I'm also guessing that's $U.S too. 

Which shipping service was available to you at the time of your purchase ?

14 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Which shipping service was available to you at the time of your purchase ?

There were a number of options of which country to ship from. I selected China which was the cheapest. Total cost was USD 42.54

• 6 months later...

After doing a recent spark plug change, I decided to buy a magnetic spark plug socket.

My existing sockets with the rubber insert were not so user friendly. All sorts of woes with the rubber insert sticking to the spark plug or the socket coming away from the extension

Finally decided upon geting the 3/8"drive 16mm swivel socket with a long extension from eBay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/133615067753?var=433066547327

Image 17 - 3/8" Dr 14mm 16mm Swivel Spark Plug Socket Magnetic 6/12 Point 250MM Extra Long

• Thanks 1

Good idea actually. It never fails when I go to remove the spark plug socket and the rubber bit comes comes off when pulling the socket and it's still stuck to the tip of the plug. Totally useless followed by the obligatory curse words 😆

I may have to invest in one too real soon, especially for those hard to reach plugs. Will save a lot cursing too I reckon !!