CD Player or the lack of

Hush

I purchased a 2007 Aurion to replace my wrecked 2006 one, the 2006 had a CD disc slot at the top of the stereo head but the 2007 has no slot? There is a button that is labeled DISC so I guess there should be one! I am looking at replacing this stereo system as I want better MAPS from Google but am concerned that the wiring will not be there for a CD player. Also how do I remove the stereo system from the dash, what holds it in there?

20210119_192454.jpg

new stereo.jpg

Edited by Hush
Adding photos

It's been a while since I replaced my headunit, but from memory the disc slot is behind the screen, so when you choose to eject/insert the screen folds down and reveals the secretive slot 🙂

Removal steps, youtube helped me out at the time, this is one of the videos I leaned on heavily to guide me through the process:

• 1 month later...

Hi mate mine was built in but have seen on You tube most placed it behind the unit for ease of connection to the head unit and I assume the space is better

Good Luck

KAA

On 1/20/2021 at 4:06 PM, LordBug said:

Probably a bit late now but the Grande model definitely has a multi cd player and DVD based gps. If you press 'Open' on the console, the screen will slide open you could load up to 4 cds/mp3/wma and a newer sat nav disc if you want.

When I looked at possibly upgrading my aurion's  head unit a long time ago, the technician recommended against it as the new unit would not work with the controls on the steering wheel. 

It's been a while since I replaced my headunit, but from memory the disc slot is behind the screen, so when you choose to eject/insert the screen folds down and reveals the secretive slot 🙂

Removal steps, youtube helped me out at the time, this is one of the videos I leaned on heavily to guide me through the process:

Well I took my original stereo out and fitted the new stereo since the stereo shop had a 2 month wait to fit it. The new stereo went in easily, radio works great, steering wheel controls work, still figuring out the GPS but I am told if I hook my cellphone up to one of the USB cables that came with the stereo I can get Google maps to work? For a cheap stereo $174 Kiwi (about $120 US) it performs very well. Still haven't figured out the backing camera, the old stereo had one and this new one is able to activate it too once i figure it out.

Radio 1.jpg

radio 2.jpg

radio4.jpg

radio5.jpg

radio10.jpg

radio11.jpg

wired up.jpg

OK I think I have found the issue, the original backing camera is 6v whereas the rest of the car is 12v, the new stereo unit will be 12v and has no ability to drop the volts to 6volt. I found this little gem which may allow me to have the backing camera and the navigation working. It connects directly to the #24, 23, 22 pins from the original Toyota plug which is the wires for the backing camera. For $14 NZ delivered if it doesn't work I won't be too out of pocket lol. 2903c09f-411d-4578-9f9c-95478ee18b85.jpeg.webp