Towbar installation

Cian_campion

Hi Cian, I believe you will have to cut the lower section of the bumper. The ones I have seen they all have the cut and there is a plastic bezel trim piece to hide the cut and make it look neater.

I'm not sure if there is an aftermarket tow bar that hangs that low otherwise it will bottom out when reversing out from a slight incline.

Most aftermarket tow bar makers will try and copy the factory one anyway for best and easier fitment.

Here are some 40 series Aurions on Carsales.com with towbars.

2010 Toyota Aurion Touring Auto MY10-SSE-AD-797528 - carsales.com.au.html2009 Toyota Aurion Sportivo ZR6 Auto-OAG-AD-19503667 - carsales.com.au.html2011 Toyota Aurion AT-X Auto MY10-SSE-AD-7030338 - carsales.com.au.html2009 Toyota Aurion AT-X Auto-SSE-AD-6037719 - carsales.com.au.html

• 6 months later...

This is another enlightening video by John Cadogan.

Certainly points towards a botched installation where the bolts may have been initially tightened but not torqued to specification.

I do wonder where the correct earthing point should have been.

Good to know that there is a repair available stronger the chassis steel provided that it is done properly.

With stories like this, FORD is doing an excellent job of generating future TOYOTA sales.

Why am I not surprised. This disgraceful behaviour has been synonymous with not only Ford, but many others. I am still surprised people still buy a Ford these days given their appalling disdain for the customer. No wonder Ford is going broke. Buy a Toyota instead.

Good roast by Cadoges :thumbsup: