The Engine Oil Flush.

1 hour ago, bob007 said:

I rang IAG only to be told, we don't have a number for Motorserve and then was put through two departments and the last put me through to the NRMA who said...We don't own Motorserve, ring them.  :goof:

When I explained the runaround I've been given, he said send an email to Seven Hills Motorserve and ask them to give you the name and phone or email address of the area manager, which I did.  Well that was  4 days age and I'm still waiting, I'd better not hold my breath.  :angry:

I did get some Toyota coolant but it took 20 minutes, Went to parts desk but nobody was there.  I pressed the button but after 5mins or more no one came out, guy at service desk said I'll help you soon, another 5mins go by.  He's to busy to serve me, so I pressed the button again and after a few minutes some guy finally comes out, I wont be taking my car there for a service. :angry:

Then I found this...https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/toyota-dealers

So the question is, who can you trust these days, I suppose it's trial and error. :sad:

Probably best to cut your losses and move on. It's not worth the stress or time. I have also been on the receiving end of Toyota's customer service from the parts dept too.

I enquired about a new exterior door handle, the one's from the wreckers are always scratched up ( like mine is) and after two text messages I haven't heard back from them. That was December last year :laugh:

And it's not a cheap part either, mind you. It's around $300 for my car as it is chromed and painted and has the smart entry feature.

Edited by Tony Prodigy

Yes Michael I hate bad service, I would ring the owner of that dealership and at least vent some of that frustration, there is always the option of local media too. I was brought up being told to stand up and speak my mind openly and if I am wrong to admit it openly. In this case you have RIGHTS under the law and that needs to be upheld. I understand that frustration of no-one wanting to assist you, but in the end it can be trial and error, if you do decide to get an outside place to service your vehicle I would insist on a clear written quote and if they wont do that then don't use them. If it is Toyota then let them know in no uncertain terms how you have been treated in the past and you expect better than that. You are spending good hard earned money, your money and I know if it was me i would go to the top always, head office and continue by telling them if I don't get real answers I will go to the media and let all know what you do too your customers. Hit them where it hurts in the public forum you have my backing mate let us know

KAA

Before I put this thread to bed, I posted my complaint here...https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/motorserve

I wanted to alert people to this practice and by the reply Motorserve claims to have done no wrong, as we say...once bitten twice shy.  :angry:

My next oil change is in 6mths time and will be done by Toyota, at the end of the day why would I trust my high tech car to ammeters who can't get the Tyre pressure right.  Owner Manual says 240kpa or 34psi for 17" Rims and I've followed this from day one  but Motorserve dropped it to 206kpa or 30psi, I have a Footpump I keep in the boot and check them when cold.

You did what you could Michael. I know how frustrated you must feel and venting your case here and everywhere else will serve as a community reminder and hopefully steer others away from the unconscionable behaviour of motor serve. 

Tyre pressure for the Aurion is also 240kpa on the 215/55R17

11 hours ago, bob007 said:

Before I put this thread to bed, I posted my complaint here...https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/motorserve

I wanted to alert people to this practice and by the reply Motorserve claims to have done no wrong, as we say...once bitten twice shy.  :angry:

My next oil change is in 6mths time and will be done by Toyota, at the end of the day why would I trust my high tech car to ammeters who can't get the Tyre pressure right.  Owner Manual says 240kpa or 34psi for 17" Rims and I've followed this from day one  but Motorserve dropped it to 206kpa or 30psi, I have a Footpump I keep in the boot and check them when cold.

After looking at the customer reviews, I can see an obvious pattern. The NRMA signage is the drawcard and goodwill is being destroyed except at a few branches. 141 bad reviews indicates to me that the Business is on the slippery slope of corporate greed and destruction. It might last long enough to be onsold.

26 minutes ago, bob007 said:

I just posted a reply to Motorserves response, which will take a day or two to be shown.

In it I posted this video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thszl7visBU  :smile:

I also asked them to send me a cheque too.  :laugh:

Gotta love Scotty. He is so right too. Those Morons at Motorserve are accountants not engineers it seems and by selling you stuff you don't need is potentially damaging to your engine. They need a little Scotty Kilmer in their lives hahaha !!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bob007 said:

I just posted a reply to Motorserves response, which will take a day or two to be shown.

In it I posted this video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thszl7visBU  :smile:

I also asked them to send me a cheque too.  :laugh:

Love to be proved wrong and you actually get a genuine refund.

Michael, you are on the right track with regular 6 monthly oil changes for long term ownership. If I was to buy a 3-5 year vehicle that has only had the minimal annual servicing done, then I would be doing a number of short interval oil changes using a high detergent oil to desludge the engine and avoid the oil consumption issues.

• Like 1

I've been watching Scotty for a while and so glad I did because he knows what he's talking about and not selling you anything.  :yahoo:

Here's some more excellent advice from the man....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIycEyNci1o

Anyone who doesn't know who Scotty is look here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuxpxCCevIlF-k-K5YU8XPA

• Thanks 1

My experience with Toyota dealers that I've come across with regards to servicing & parts is usually always great. Only concern I would have is with pricing although they can be bargained with 😉

For that reason only & the fact that I enjoy looking after my own cars, I DIY & procure my own OEM parts & overservice my cars for longevity & reliability.