Air Blower Fan Removal

Warwick McDowall

Hi Warwick, I've never had to do one personally, bit it's not that difficult a job. Blower fans/motors are a serviceable part so Toyota and others will make them in such a way to be able to get them out relatively easy. It looks daunting but it isn't really. The blower assembly will always reside in the passenger side compartment of the dash so you'll have to get under there to investigate. The blower  assembly is usually held in the housing with a few screws and there will be a connector.

Take a look at this video, although it's not specific for the 200 series, It should be very close to what you need.

Let us know how you go. 

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Hi Tony,

took mine out today while on lockdown, not easy but not impossible. would be a lot easier if I could have removed the glovebox, as there is a plastic piece across the rear bottom of glovebox that stops fan from just dropping down. with the help of a screwdriver to bend plastic piece out of the way "gently" , success.....

Toyota are asking $609 for replacement, so need to wait for banks to open Monday so I can rob it to pay for it. I can see where the need to charge so much for it is, there is a printed circuit mother board under fan motor about 3 inches x 3 inches. As Toyota need to order it in, I have replaced it, will be a lot easier next time when I get the part.

Next time I will make a little table the same height as the car floor, so I can lie in the car on my back and not put my back out........

Good to hear the job went well. I agree that it wouldn't be a comfortable position to work in. 

Have you tried sourcing one from a wrecker ? I don't know why Toyota have to charge so much for their parts. They're just as bad an European Stealers.
I'm looking to replace a scratched up door handle for my driver's door and they want $300 for the outer bit. Go figure.. 

Shameless.

13 hours ago, Warwick McDowall said:

Next time I will make a little table the same height as the car floor, so I can lie in the car on my back and not put my back out........

Good idea about the table to help support your back.

I use the base section of an office chair so it becomes a handy stool. Back section can be used as a comfortable support when kneeling or lying down.