ex police aurion

wogboy1812

hey all,

just brought a sportivo sx6 and upon further inspection i realised that the car was originally brought by the qld police is there any where i can find more info about possible mods or just anything really. TIA 

On 2/12/2021 at 9:37 PM, wogboy1812 said:

hey all,

just brought a sportivo sx6 and upon further inspection i realised that the car was originally brought by the qld police is there any where i can find more info about possible mods or just anything really. TIA 

You could possibly try contacting the specific branch if you have this info in the log books. Did it come with books ?

More than likely, it may not have been a pursuit vehicle but possibly something driven by general duty cops. I doubt they would have tweaked the engine. The fact that it is a Sportivo suggests they wanted something with a bit firmer suspension in case they need to go on a spirited chase lol..

You should do a Google search. There are posts about Aurions bought by the Police on this Forum.

It would not have been modified except the electrical wiring to accommodate the usual gadgets for Police work. This would have all been removed before going to auction.

Fords and Holdens were supplied with a Police pack which most likely included upgraded brakes. 

On 2/13/2021 at 6:26 PM, Metal_Head said:

Not sure about mods, but the engine would have alot more wear on it than the kms show, as police cars are left to idle for long periods 

Sometimes but not always the case, I'd be more worried about wear if it was a highway patrol car as they would have seen much more in the way of pursuits etc.  GD cars that rarely get thrashed but idle for long periods would be like taxis, they can rack up very high ks because they go through fewer cold-startup cycles.

2 hours ago, Hiro said:

Sometimes but not always the case, I'd be more worried about wear if it was a highway patrol car as they would have seen much more in the way of pursuits etc. 

Totally agree. Especially on cold start ups and having to engage pursuit shortly thereafter, the extended wear on the big ends and rod bearings due to low oil temps, loss of oil pressure equalling the potential for spun bearings. Ouchy !!