Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I want to replace the shifter bushings. Can any one please tell me which set I would need considering it’s a 2003 Corolla Sportivo based in Australia. 
 

There are two links from Monkey wrench one for one size bushing for both and the other is for European models. The two bushings have a different diameter. 
 

I am assuming that someone on here has done this and bought this kit from Monkey wrench. I contacted them directly they thought it was the NON Euro model but were not 100%. 
 

if someone has done this and please let me know would be a big help. 

https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-shifter-cable-bushing-set-toyota-models-various/

 

https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-shifter-cable-bushing-set-toyota-corolla-2zz-europe-only-do-not-order/

Cheers Rhyse 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just take off your air intake and have a look at which bushings you currently have on the end of the shifter cables.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the bushes are really hard to get due to old age which is needed to measure them. so i was only going to do this if necessary as I need the car to get to work and don’t want to take the old ones out and put them back in. 
 

I was under the assumption that surely someone has done this mod and would know seems like one of the first things you would do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rhyse said:

Hi there,

I want to replace the shifter bushings. Can any one please tell me which set I would need considering it’s a 2003 Corolla Sportivo based in Australia. 
 

There are two links from Monkey wrench one for one size bushing for both and the other is for European models. The two bushings have a different diameter. 
 

I am assuming that someone on here has done this and bought this kit from Monkey wrench. I contacted them directly they thought it was the NON Euro model but were not 100%. 
 

if someone has done this and please let me know would be a big help. 

https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-shifter-cable-bushing-set-toyota-models-various/

 

https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-shifter-cable-bushing-set-toyota-corolla-2zz-europe-only-do-not-order/

Cheers Rhyse 

 

 

Hey mate, you can go for the first set. I went for the same set and just had them recently installed on my car. No issues so far.

Alternatively, you can also use ABEC-5 skateboard bearings also which will yield the same results as far as I know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squalled said:

Hey mate, you can go for the first set. I went for the same set and just had them recently installed on my car. No issues so far.

Alternatively, you can also use ABEC-5 skateboard bearings also which will yield the same results as far as I know.

Thanks man was there a noticeable difference in shifter feel?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rhyse said:

Thanks man was there a noticeable difference in shifter feel?

Huge difference man. Shifting feels a lot more direct and has a lot less of the "sloppy" feel from the rubber bushings. It's honestly a night and day difference, a really worth while mod. If you going through MWR, I'd highly suggest getting the shifter base bushings also. I installed them on mine before the cable bushings and both of them combined make for awesome shifts and shift feel.

https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-shifter-base-bushings-toyota-celicamr2-scorollamatrixvibe/

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rhyse said:

I believe the bushes are really hard to get due to old age which is needed to measure them. so i was only going to do this if necessary as I need the car to get to work and don’t want to take the old ones out and put them back in. 
 

I was under the assumption that surely someone has done this mod and would know seems like one of the first things you would do. 

You don't need to press the bushes to measure the size of the eyelets (it doesn't need to be mm perfect, it's pretty obvious once you see them if they are the same size or one large and one small), just pull the cotter pin out and remove the washer

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Toyota Owners Club AU © 2020 | This Website has no association with Toyota (AU) or Toyota Motor Corporation. | Cookies | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership