Why Did I Buy a Camry.

bob007

I've been driving Corollas for many years and are great cars but the main reason was I needed more Boot space, of cause the Camry has so much more leg room and a bigger 2.5L engine was a bonus.  I chose the Camry Ascent Petrol because it is built in Japan and has everything I need, although it took some time to get used to the Electronic Handbrake because I kept reaching for the Handbrake that wasn't there. :rolleyes:

The Technology in this car is mind blowing compared to my 2001 Corolla, it takes time to get used to it, I'm still learning.  The best feature is the Reversing Camera which makes parking very easy, it has so many sensors and settings too.

I was lucky because the car was built in November 2019 and I got it in January 2020 and have had it just over a year with no trouble, of cause only 6500km on the clock.  A few months after I got the car Toyota put the price up, so there's that.  I chose Frosted White because Toyota charges $650 for a different colour which is a joke, anyway I'm very happy with the car and is very nice to drive too. :biggrin:

• Like 1

You can't go wrong with a Camry mate. Best peace of mind you'll ever get with modern car ownership. I'm not a big fan of the E brake, but we're stuck with it unfortunately. The rest of the magnificence makes up for it and some. Take good care of it, do plenty of oil changes and it will last a very long time.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

I should mention, I'm not a SUV guy but I did look at the RAV4, GL,GLX...small Boot that you have to drop the seats down if you want to put anything bigger than a suitcase in and a 2L Engine.  Start price is nearly $40k for the GL :ohmy: how Toyota can justify that is beyond me.

The other thing is Camry mats, Toyota want nearly $400 :wacko: I got mine in Super Cheap Auto for $60.  :laugh: 

• Like 1

Same as yourself, I am not a SUV guy.

Main reason for first buying a Camry back in 1998 was for family.

Now it is because I want a comfortable highway cruiser with plenty of boot space. 

It is also "bang for buck" or total cost of ownership to be able to keep the same vehicle although your motoring needs change. 

Being a popular vehicle, there are lots of available reasonably priced OEM spare parts from multiple suppliers [including wreckers]  especially when you are considering long term ownership

Great choice Mike. Another benefit of the new Camry is the awesome safety ability compared to the old cars, huge difference.

BTW - make sure you change that oil OFTEN especially if you expect the engine to last with no issues 😉

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the others, you really can't go wrong with a Camry. Since getting my license I've had 3 different used camrys, a 95 and 98 SV40 and now my 05 ACV30, all of which have been super reliable cars and have only been replaced because people keep crashing into them and my insurance company keep writing them off (currently in the ACV30)

On 3/6/2021 at 2:30 AM, nzgamer41 said:

I agree with the others, you really can't go wrong with a Camry. Since getting my license I've had 3 different used camrys, a 95 and 98 SV40 and now my 05 ACV30, all of which have been super reliable cars and have only been replaced because people keep crashing into them and my insurance company keep writing them off (currently in the ACV30)

Yes there's some very bad drivers Australia wide :angry: that's why I have a Dash Cam.  :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DashCamOwnersAustral

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9-yN4rSJ2jOifV8R2unDBw   Many have tried to hit my Camry too. :mad2:

As we all know after a few years of use the Steering Wheel becomes smooth, so I purchased a Steering Wheel cover to avoid this. :biggrin:

What I didn't know was...the car thinks I don't have both my hands on the Wheel while driving because every now and then I get a Red

Steering Wheel with two hands pop up warning me to put both hands on the Wheel...True.

I just touch the Wheel with both thumbs every now and then, that's modern technology for you.  :smile: