No power

Hi all i decided to swap all the fuses in ny 09 corolla with brand new ones as there were a few blown ones and some were very dirty and looked burnt so thought ide just save a headache down the track and replace all the fuses with brand new fuses and now the headache has come after replacing all the fuses under the bonnet and under the passenger side glovebox area i put my key in and turn my key to start it and to my surprise I have no reds nothing at all poping up on the dash at all but my engine fan comes on. I have tripple checked all fuses and there all fine I'm at a loss so any help would be great thanks 

Hi Dylan, Is it possible you've installed the incorrect rated fuse for the intended slot and it's popped ?

Not doubting your ability here, but it can happen and you need to rule all possibilities out.

Also, how did you check the fuses ? Electrically or physically ? I'd test each new fuse with a multimeter (use continuity test or Ohms) and see if it has a path before installing it. Also check your contacts for corrosion or dirt. Never know here either.

I can't see how changing out some fuses renders your car inoperable all of a sudden. it must be one massive coincidence or it's definitely some dodgy fuses. 

I would've just left the good ones and replaced the faulty ones. They may look a little discoloured but will function just fine. Just keep a spare stash in the glovebox for when you really need them.

Hope that helps.