Hi there

MCMLXVI

Just saying hello. I bought myself a 2016 Corolla ZR a few weeks ago. My wife has a 2017 Corolla Ascent Sport.

Not my first Toyota. Back in my youth ( 55 now ), I had a 1973 TA22 Celica. Great little car.

We live in the NSW Southern Highlands and I work at the local Toyota dealership.

Thanks for having me on board.

Here's a pic of our driveway.

20210207_183716.jpg

Welcome to the Forum.

Nice buy.

Bet you are glad that you work at the local Toyota dealership rather than a Holden one or a few other makes on the decline. 

I am sure that you will have a few stories to tell and some good advice. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Kevin, yes a good buy there great little car. Also helpful to work for a Toyota dealership and look forward to any advise or knowledge you can pass on to us on here

Keep Well

KAA

• Like 1

7 hours ago, campbeam said:

Welcome to the Forum.

Nice buy.

Bet you are glad that you work at the local Toyota dealership rather than a Holden one or a few other makes on the decline. 

I am sure that you will have a few stories to tell and some good advice. 

1 hour ago, KAA said:

Welcome to the forum Kevin, yes a good buy there great little car. Also helpful to work for a Toyota dealership and look forward to any advise or knowledge you can pass on to us on here

Keep Well

KAA

Thanks peeps. Yes, quite happy at the Toyota yard. Also working alongside Hyundai and Honda too. Good place to work, with good people.

I'll definitely be keeping ears out for any news that I can bring to the table.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum,

Corollas are excellent cars, my last car was a 2001 Corolla sedan and I had it for 18yrs.  :smile:

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 10:59 AM, bob007 said:

Welcome to the Forum,

Corollas are excellent cars, my last car was a 2001 Corolla sedan and I had it for 18yrs.  :smile:

On 3/11/2021 at 4:22 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

G'Day Kevin and welcome aboard mate. Congrats on the new car too. Wise choice of cars and place of employment. 

Are you in sales or parts depts ?? 

Thanks Bob and Tony for your welcoming words. Quite happy with my Corolla so far. I work in parts / service dept at our local Toyota dealership. Great place to work.

• 7 months later...

As a further to my post, I've traded my blue ZR in on a 2021 Ascent Sport. Wife has traded her 2017 Ascent Sport in on a silver 2021 Ascent Sport. We take delivery on Tuesday. Here's mine on Thursday getting its PDS.

20211028_115024.jpg

Hi Kevin, a lovely looking car mate, hope you and your lady enjoy the new Toys, thanks for the picture keep them coming as well as how you find the Ascent's

KAA

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 10:37 PM, KAA said:

Hi Kevin, a lovely looking car mate, hope you and your lady enjoy the new Toys, thanks for the picture keep them coming as well as how you find the Ascent's

KAA

Thanks Robert. Very happy so far. Mine is up to 530km already. First thing I noticed was the ride. There's a noticeable difference in the ride between the 16s on the AS and the 17s on my ZR. Seats are a nice place to be. Not excessively plush, but good support for a long distance drive when the time comes. I'm still coming to terms with Android Auto, but the "tablet" seems pretty user-friendly. But it's the safety features which really stick out. Toyota, to their credit, have packed a lot of safety assistance into such a relatively cheap car.

Yep. Quite happy.

Edited by MCMLXVI

Hi Kevin, Glad your really enjoying the new baby, Toyota have always been one step ahead on the details with cars, I have always and still do enjoy all the simple operating gadgets in our car and as you said the safety features just give me that extra feeling of security driving out there with all the nut jobs around me. Hopefully you will get to add a lot more Klm's on the dial with a nice long holiday road trip.

Keep Well and Keep Safe

KAA