Jamberoo recreation park

eggbert_99

Any body been there before ..

im being dragged there on saturday and im wondering if its as good as it sounded ????

and how far is the drive ??

any twisties ???

being dragged out there .. pft .. you suggested it I'm sure !!

hmm .. might do it on the way down ....

probably be tired on the way home ! ...

dylan - you been there before ???

and is it before or after the gong

I've not been there just driven passed, it's about 1/2 hour passed the Gong though... go through Albian Park...

Any body been there before ..

im being dragged there on saturday and im wondering if its as good as it sounded ????

and how far is the drive ??

any twisties ???

being dragged out there .. pft .. you suggested it I'm sure !!

no .. one of marias bloody friends birthday ! ..

hmmmm ... i got a plan .. hit the twisties on the way there ... (then Ive had my fun) ...

then drink beers all day and someone else can drive home !!!!

I dont think jamberoo will compare to wonderland !!

I've not been there just driven passed, it's about 1/2 hour passed the Gong though... go through Albian Park...

ok ... might cruise through Kiama as well ..

get some good photos if the weather is nice !

ok ... might cruise through Kiama as well ..

get some good photos if the weather is nice !

Kiama is a really nice place you wont be disapointed if the weather is good.

last time i was at jamberoo was probably close to 10 years ago (yes, i was 7), and i was too young to go on all the things like go karts and motor boat things, which looked fun when i was young...

maybe there'll be things for big kids...

have fun..

went there about 5 years ago (i was 20yrs old :P).. sorry to say but i didn't find it that fun, maybe thats because only 4-5 of us went and i wasn't in top mood that day.. but there were plenty of people there and all seemed to have fun. It was also before they renovated, it looks much nicer now from the outside.

And what Dylan said is spot on about twisties, as i live at Shellharbour i always drive up/down Jamberoo Mt. Rd when heading to Robertson (i think thats the only way i know how to get there :P), Maq Pass is safer than Jamberro Mt Rd though, slightly wider road, less chance of spearing off a cliff edge or into a ravine! but it has no less twisties so enjoy! :D And i can vouch that Kiama is a beautiful place bcus i go there pretty often (10-15min drive from home).

WOo !! .. just got back !!! ..

I actually quite enjoyed myself !!! ..

My GPS was set previosuly to aviod high ways and take urban roads ..

So it kinda took me the long way ..

Ended up really close to jamberoo ... but on a road called "Swamp Road"

nice nice twisty .. and no other cars .. tight turns with long straights ..

although had a scary moment with a cow on the road !!!

Almost had rump stak for lunch !!

when summer comes around we need to have a cruise to jamberoo and spend a day there ! .. I really enjoyed myself !!! we can BBQ and all that !!!

Ended up really close to jamberoo ... but on a road called "Swamp Road"

nice nice twisty .. and no other cars .. tight turns with long straights ..

Being a local I know the exact stretch of road you're talking about, long flat straights followed by tight 90 degree bends. It's a shame they lowered the speed limit but I think the amount of black marks on the road shows it doesn't really make a difference in the end.

Did you get a chance to go up Saddleback mountain? I've lost my brakes coming down once or twice :o

Jamberoo & Macquarie Pass also provide a pretty good run providing you don't get held up by traffic, it's a shame they paved bitumen on Jamberoo Pass 'cause it used to be a nice quiet dirt run in the days before I got my license...

Edited by Conquest

swamp road is awesome fun... I reakon it would make a great rally stage starting with the long straights connected by 90 deg bends then climbing over the hills to where it joins the highway, or heads to shellharbour... One of my favourites, and most people I've come across in that road drive it that way too ;) so no danger of being heald up

swamp road is awesome fun... I reakon it would make a great rally stage starting with the long straights connected by 90 deg bends then climbing over the hills to where it joins the highway, or heads to shellharbour... One of my favourites, and most people I've come across in that road drive it that way too ;) so no danger of being heald up

I was very lucky I stumbled across swamp road ...

not very long though .. well .. it didnt seem like it .. althoug my missus was hold the "Jesu$ Bar" the whole time !!! ..

although unlucky coz im pretty sure on the way home going past the Gong Uni I think I got snapped at that camera ! ...

I saw it .. then slammed on the brakes .. looked at my speed and I was just under 95 ... looked up and *FLASH*

dammit ...

Its damn annoying coz the stretch of road up to that point is 100Kph ... then it drops to 80 .. then to 110 as you join the freeway again !!!

lets see what comes in the post !!! .. there was a car next to me .. so hopefully that adds to the confusion ..

esp with all those stories on ACA and today tonite about dodgy cameras ...

hmmm there goes my helmet and eyelid painting money !!!!

not to mention points! that sucks man.. i guess on full license you dont have to worry too much about points... im more scared of losing those than money... only got 4 :S

anyway sounds like fun - i'll cruise down to jamberoo with you all and have a bbq down there... sounds like a good day cruise...

not to mention points! that sucks man.. i guess on full license you dont have to worry too much about points... im more scared of losing those than money... only got 4 :S

anyway sounds like fun - i'll cruise down to jamberoo with you all and have a bbq down there... sounds like a good day cruise...

yup and the toboggin is more fun than I expected ... just need to leave a huge gap so the person infront of you gets a good head start .. otherwise you will catch them !! ..

almost stacked it twice ... on my 2nd run ...

didnt use the brakes .. and flew into the second corner ... legs n arms everywhere !! ..

managed to regather and press on at top speed !! .. it drizzled for a sec .. so the tracks we a tiny tiny bit wet ..... made it better for that little bit more speed !!!

and the view on the chair lift was awesome !!!!