Toyota lover and Artist - my van is my mobile art studio

LozaMel1

I have always been a Toyota girl. Mac is my second Hiace and I have owned a Hilux, Corolla and a Camry.

I'm Laurie from Melbourne and I paint. I paint canvases, wall murals, wallpaper, clothing... and even my van. *disclaimer*- when I bought Mac (my 1995 Toyota Hiace LWB) he had dents and bad patching on his body work, so believe me when I say his exterior is an improvement on what he was. 

I am a keen camper (tent not van)- as Mac is full with easels, paints, a desk... he is like a tradie van and an Artist's dream. I can pull off the side of the road and paint. You might see me down at Wilsons Prom or cruising through the Vic High Country looking for new things to paint.

Thanks for the welcome 🙂

mac 2.jpg

mac.jpg

Welcome to the Forum.

Nice facelift to the van to make "Mac" standout. Looks like a mobile artist's studio.

Hope you are keeping "Mac" well serviced with regular oil and filter changes to ensure ongoing reliability.

Hi Laurie, what a lovely introduction and welcome to the forum.

You obviously have your head in the right place owning Toyota's and your heart definitely where it should be. Your passion for art and the great outdoors. I rode through the Victorian high country back in '97 on my way back from Phillip Island. I rode down with a friend on our bikes and on the way back to Sydney, we decided to cut through the heart of the Victorian country. I have photos here somewhere. If I dig them out, I'll certainly post them here for you. 

Prior to this we spent a couple of days on the Great Ocean Rd and spent the night in Torquay after visiting The Twelve Apostles near Port Campbell. Had fish 'n' chips at Apollo Bay. What a beautiful part of the world. I wish we had helmet cams back then. It only exists in my memory now and some photos.

I'd love to go riding again someday. I miss being in the wind.

I hope you enjoy your stay here Laurie.

By for now. :thumbsup: