Spacia Newbie - living the toyota dream

Hi guys - I'm joining because I've just become a Spacia 2000 owner and I want to tap into the Spacia Knowledge bank!

Any help appreciated on the journey - I am  realising  that as a 20 yo car parts are a little on the challenging side especially body stuff.

My first 'want' is a lead on a decent workshop manual - I have seen the fleabay toyota workshop manuals and wonder if anyone has experienced them ... are they any good ?

I'm also looking for a schedule of service - the cam belt has been done 70,000km ago and i'm thinking its due again but cant find any reference to intervals between cam belt changes - any help appreciated. My thinking is if I do it now then at least its done but not sure what sort of grind i am in for ( the last one I did was on a T4 vw and that was an eye opener ... harmonic balance tty bolt required a torque wrench and a extension lever 2.5m long to get it up to spec ...)

thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction !

Welcome to the forum Adam, I am sure any who can help on here will help! You said the Cam Belt was done 70,000klm before, Then I would start making a list of all service items you will need as personally I like to know things ARE done like cam belt, alt belt, filters, oil change, plugs etc at least the peace of mind of knowing things are new and done.

Keep Well

KAA

On 3/20/2021 at 9:04 PM, tassie toyota flyer said:

I'm also looking for a schedule of service - the cam belt has been done 70,000km ago and i'm thinking its due again but cant find any reference to intervals between cam belt changes - any help appreciated.

Welcome. My suggestion is to confirm what engine is actually fitted to your vehicle then look at YouTube videos to get an idea of what to expect when replacing the timing belt. Usually the water pump is replaced in conjunction with a timing belt replacement.

Following guides support my initial thought about considering a replacement at 100,000 kms. Definitely confirm whether the engine is non-interference or not.

Better to be safe than sorry.

https://assets.gates.com/content/dam/gates/home/resources/resource-library/catalogs/timingbeltreplacementguide.pdf

https://dayco.com.au/databank/documents/99113.pdf

• Like 1