Buzzing Noise coming from the dashboard Kluger KX R 2012

Jailbird2122

I have been hearing a weird buzzing noise coming from behind the dashboard. It's sounds like an old computer starting up or like a hard drive booting, very similar to when a CD player loads a CD. 

It comes and goes and when it comes, it's annoying. Could it be related to the doubled in? 

I have searched online and mainly it points to brake boosters and aircon servos. Has anyone had a similar situation?

I have a 2011 Kluger Grande and I hear a similar sound if the engine is running, the car is idling and the music is off. It does seem to come from right of the steering wheel and sound like something faintly getting switched on intermittently. I barely notice it unless I'm listening for it. To me, it seems like normal car noises and once I'm driving and/or have the music on, it can't be heard. 

Man, I can't hear anything. Dash noises are a royal PITA ! I've had to deal with several of these on a 2017 D-Max. Build quality is questionable on the older Gen cars. If It's possible to try and make another recording, I'd love to help if I can.

• Like 1

Had another listen and I think I can hear what you mean. It sounds like something is actuating over and over. I suspect it may have something to do with the A/C venting system. If you are able to figure out how to remove the cluster you may be able to peer inside and get closer to the culprit. I don't mind these kinds of challenges, just need to have the right time to get stuck into it. 

Are you able to get a look up the dash from the foot well ?? 

Have you had the car scanned with a decent OBDII scanner ? It may have thrown a code.

Please let us know how you go.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So, after all this long I figured what the issue is. It's to do with blower under the dash. Apparently, when you change the angle of the air blower, esp for hot air, the blower struggles to change the angle. That's what sound is from. Getting a new blower will cost about 300 to 400 bucks. My mechanic told me to wait till it stops working completely.

4 hours ago, Jailbird2122 said:

So, after all this long I figured what the issue is. It's to do with blower under the dash. Apparently, when you change the angle of the air blower, esp for hot air, the blower struggles to change the angle. That's what sound is from. Getting a new blower will cost about 300 to 400 bucks. My mechanic told me to wait till it stops working completely.

So it sounds like the damper blade is jamming. Why would you need to replace the whole blower assembly though ? I would be more inclined to investigate it more closely and see what, if any, is the obstruction. Otherwise it could be the actuator itself. The car is not that old and this should not be happening so early in its life.

Shop around if you have to and see if you can get a nice clean one from a wrecker and keep it for when it fails completely. That way you can study it more closely and see what the issue can be.

• 6 months later...

I have a 2004 CVX that makes a chattering sound not unlike an ariel going up or down when it has reached maximum travel, I have taken the lower panel off to see if there was a relay or something making the noise but couldn't find anything that resembled a relay under the dash. It makes the sound on startup and is quite loud it stops after a minute or so but hasn't done it since I took the panel off. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• 6 months later...

I have a 2003 Prando Grande that has been buzzing intermittently for a couple of years now but recently seems to have got more consistent - I also thought it might be a defective relay. Have just looked on this forum for the first time and wonder if any of the above have eliminated the noise. 

On 9/25/2021 at 1:02 AM, Jailbird2122 said:

Oh is it? I had that noise too but didn't think too much of it. 

Edited by Speedz