To av 2006 verso glx - which tyres to replace

toav

hi all

just wondering what tyres  should I go for replacement , atm it has good year opti life , great tyes but the front one's looks like needed replacement soon

Not alloy wheels

any one can you please she some light on what tyre's ( not too expensive but decent one's ) the one's which are good for rare offroad ( rate though) as well

much appreciated

thanks

toav

Is your tyre size 205/65/15 ? I think that a touring tyre will most likely meet your driving needs. 

Have a look at the MICHELIN ENERGY XM2+ 205/65R15 99V   It is a high mileage/touring tyre. 

My vehicle safety and convenience is worth more to me than saving a few dollars buying cheap unknown brand tyres.

I learnt this lesson from experience with a Chinese brand called Goodride. I got them cheap with 90% tread and discovered their non-performance in the wet. I found out later from internet posts that cheap tyres may be quite ok when initially fitted and for the 1st 10% of tread life. 

I only buy and recommend known brand quality tyres. Also do your research and buy the latest generation of a tyre.

hi campbeam

thanks for your reply

did have a look at few , any idea on below

Nexen

Achilles

regards

toav

hi again

just wondering if you know , when the fuel guage shows amber , how much fuel is left in the tank 

9 hours ago, toav said:

hi campbeam

thanks for your reply

Nexen

Achilles

regards

toav

hi again

just wondering if you know , when the fuel guage shows amber , how much fuel is left in the tank 

Toav, 

what I do know is that the major tyre manufacturers spend lots on R&D and release new generations of their tyres.

I read a fair number of tyre reviews and watch YouTube videos on best rated tyres. I do not have Nexen and Achilles brand tyres on my watchlist for future tyre purchases. 

My focus is upon a premium quality touring type tyre with good wet weather braking and handling performance. For some years, I have Michelin, Continental, Bridgestone, Dunlop, Yokohama on my shortlist. If I had to buy tyres tomorrow, I would most likely go Michelin unless Continental had a 4 for 3 deal. 

Best to look at your owner's manual for a definite answer about the fuel warning light. I am guessing that your vehicle has a 4 cyl engine and a 60 litres fuel tank, so I would say 10 litres. In contrast my V6 has a 70 litre fuel tank and the warning light displays at 15 litres. 

Please note that with a fuel pump located internally in the fuel tank, it is cooled by the surrounding fuel. If you want the fuel pump to last longer, not a good idea to be running your vehicle near empty except very occassionally. I regularly refuel my vehicle before the half full mark.

hi campbeam

thanks for your reply

Nexen

Achilles

regards

toav

hi again

hi campbeam

thanks heaps for your detailed replies

you are awesome