Smokey Headlight covers..

Greetings and Happy Easter Gents...

My quirey is about my Headlight plastic..its a bit smokey on both headlights..

Has anyone used any products to remove this problem before and can you recommend any brand..

Cheers..BigMike62

Hey Mike, yes same as Ash, I used the turtle wax headlight cleaner with excellent results, I made sure to tape off all surrounding areas to avoid any splash off and after applying by a cloth a nice film of the product I used my polisher to bring it up close to perfect and finished with a nice quality cloth for the final buff. Since doing them both about 8 months ago they still are crystal clean. I have got to say there are many different products at a bigger price but I will stick with what I know works.

Good Luck mate just take your time and I am sure you will get a good result, let us see a before and after as it will aid others with similar issues 

KAA 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KAA said:

Good Luck mate just take your time and I am sure you will get a good result, let us see a before and after as it will aid others with similar issues 

I should do the same for the girlfriend's Yaris next weekend when the weather is forecast to be better. 

Hey BigMike, if you have access to a machine polisher, this would be the best way to attack these. If not, what the guys said would be fine too.

I have had in the past, just used some Menzerna FG400 with a microfibre applicator and this seemed to work ok, but when I got the big guns out (FLEX XC3401) it made mince meat of it with outstanding clarity. I have a few different types of professional grade polish due to my obsession with detailing and the FG400 cuts through like butter and gives a pretty decent finish despite it's harsh cutting grade.

Once you're satisfied with the result, you must apply sealant as this will stop the UV rays from trying to consume them all over again.

I plan to treat all mine with a ceramic coating when the time comes to do the whole car. I'll do a write up when this happens.

• Like 1

Greetings Gents...

Used the Turtle Wax Headlight cleaner..needed to apply it 3 times each headlight, as the smokey parts were stubborn..It did a very good job, removing at least 80% of the bad areas..

I'm satisfied with the results..Just used as much elbow pressure I could, didn't have a polisher as was mentioned earlier..

Thanks for the advice on the product guys, it worked a treat..

20210406_114139.jpg

20210406_114132.jpg

9 hours ago, Bigmike62 said:

Greetings Gents...

Used the Turtle Wax Headlight cleaner..needed to apply it 3 times each headlight, as the smokey parts were stubborn..It did a very good job, removing at least 80% of the bad areas..

I'm satisfied with the results..Just used as much elbow pressure I could, didn't have a polisher as was mentioned earlier..

Thanks for the advice on the product guys, it worked a treat..

20210406_114139.jpg

20210406_114132.jpg

I am inspired by your results. Your headlights look like brand new.

• Thanks 1