Upgrade Instrument Cluster

Sal87

Hi All, 

I bought a Camry Altise 2016, which comes with a very basic instrument cluster. Looking to upgrade with an Atara. I looked at the pictures online and they seem to have the same points and of similar size. 

Can I get the upgrade done somewhere (based in Victoria)?

Lastly, I would also want the cluster to show the correct kms. 

On 4/4/2021 at 1:57 PM, Sal87 said:

Hi All, 

I bought a Camry Altise 2016, which comes with a very basic instrument cluster. Looking to upgrade with an Atara. I looked at the pictures online and they seem to have the same points and of similar size. 

Can I get the upgrade done somewhere (based in Victoria)?

Lastly, I would also want the cluster to show the correct kms. 

Hi Salman, I think your idea is nice in theory, but in practise it may not be economically viable. Sure you will need the upgraded instrument cluster, then you will need someone with a device to set your original KLMS to it. That service may not be cheap, if you can find someone that is willing to do it as it is illegal to tamper with the speedo. I'd have a chat to the Toyota dealership and see what they have to say on the subject. I'm not sure they would even be willing to touch it.

Who knows, maybe in the future you could even upgrade to a higher spec level Camry, a newer model even and that should have all the niceties you crave.

All the best man :thumbsup:

I am of the opinion that I would not even think about it because of the cost involved let alone the hassle with speedo and wiring, I am pretty sure you will find most of the upgraded wiring required for the extra gadgets will not even be behind the dash and therefore would need installing..so massive money output 

Like has ben said, I would live with what I have for now and save up for an upgraded model, at least that way you get what you want plus have a newer model to enjoy

KAA