Jump to content

knocking sound when taking off from standstill


Recommended Posts

knocking sound from taking off at standstill , seems to be possibly rightside of car  , possible front end thanks in advance for any help 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lana said:

knocking sound from taking off at standstill , seems to be possibly rightside of car  , possible front end thanks in advance for any help 

We will need more information to put this into context. How many kms are on the odometer and is the car mainly driven on sealed roads etc. Has this knocking noise just started or has it been ongoing for some time and got worse? Have you hit any potholes or speed bumps etc. Has the car been driven recently by someone other than the regular driver?

Best if you can also provide a video with audio of the knocking sound, it might be possible to make some targeted suggestions. Also a good idea to open the hood and take a video with audio of the engine idling.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

thankyou for you reply, my excellent bpyfriend has been out there for some time, and has discovered the fishnone engine mount brought from bursons seven months ago has sadly failed thus causing this noise, will take this matter up with bursons thankyou kindly for detailed reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lana said:

thankyou for you reply, my excellent bpyfriend has been out there for some time, and has discovered the fishnone engine mount brought from bursons seven months ago has sadly failed thus causing this noise, will take this matter up with bursons thankyou kindly for detailed reply

Replacing that upper engine mount is quite simple and straightforward. Something that I have done recently has been to reinforce that engine mount using Sikaflex.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/sika-310ml-black-sikaflex-227-automotive-and-construction-sealant_p1210579

I am also a bit surprised that that engine mount has failed. I would also check the other engine mounts

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lana said:

thankyou for you reply, my excellent bpyfriend has been out there for some time, and has discovered the fishnone engine mount brought from bursons seven months ago has sadly failed thus causing this noise, will take this matter up with bursons thankyou kindly for detailed reply

Wow, I am very surprised the dog bone mount has failed. This item should last 10+ years at least. I'm sure the good people at Bursons will make it right.

Hope it all goes well Lana.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks  everyone for your replys,

bursons came good it was a faulty dogbone engine mount they replaced it with a new one free of charge, went for a drive and all fixed 😊

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lana said:

thanks  everyone for your replys,

bursons came good it was a faulty dogbone engine mount they replaced it with a new one free of charge, went for a drive and all fixed 😊

Happy Days !! :clap:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Toyota Owners Club AU © 2020 | This Website has no association with Toyota (AU) or Toyota Motor Corporation. | Cookies | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership