[ACT] Canberra Thread

MT

yeah for sure, i had heaps of fun... too bad none of us have big enough balls to hit lift going up black mountain at night... man that would have sounded sweet!!!!!

but yeah rob, that was a good little race we sat next to each other just constantly, but i still got the jump at the lights!!!! i was lucky though cos my clutch actually decided to work lol. for once.

whens the next one fellas?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the way gang,

I have mis-led everyone regarding the Tallowa Dam cruise.

Its not this weekend but in fact the one after, Sunday 7th May.

This probably wont change much for anyone but just thought i'd mention it.

Cheers!

Well if we stick to the rule of being the last Monday of every month, that will make the next one the 29th May.

Hows everyone feel about this?

I will be there mate~~~ hope with my new wheels and springs! :P

Awesome......what were you getting again Sheldon? 35mm or 50mm drop? What wheels?

Sup fellow Rolla Punks,

yeah it was interesting watching the 03 vs 04 battle from a short distance... which soon became a large distance :angry: hehehe. At least I was making a lot of noise :lol:

Yeah so I'm in for the meet, are we hittin' the lighthouse? I feel like flexing my amazing talent on the pool table again :rolleyes: hhmmm...

Anyways, Peace

Yeah Jimmy, I think we will leave the meet at the lighthouse as the regular location for our monthly meet. Thats of course as long as everyone is happy with that.

To be honest I wasn't even aware that there was an 03-04 showdown going on up front the other night. I was too busy jabbering on the radio to Richo about my headlights.

In other news.... seems another Kangaroo Valley/Tallowa Dam cruise has been arranged for the weekend after next. The newest planned cruise is actually a charity cruise to raise funds for cyclone Larry victims and is being attended by a few car clubs from Canberra and a fair few from Sydney.

Full info HERE

I'm interested in possibly attending this one. Its for a good cause and an opportunity to meet other enthusiasts with interests in different cars.

Post up some feedback people!

• 2 weeks later...

hey fellas havent heard from some of u in a while???

anyone keen for a small meet up sometime soon? i think rob is getting restless. or are we gonna leave it till the 29th? thats still 3 weeks ago. post up any ideas u have, i got none at the moment :(

Sounds ok. Can't till at least wednesday though. My Car is in the "Hospital" and has been since the 26th. Sum dumass Reversed into it when i was parked at work!!! Right in the fron fender drivers side and clipped the front skirt, knocked the wheels crooked, snapped the plastics in the wheel well ... etc, etc...

Got some nice additions to go into it but ain't got the car to put them in yet!!! :angry:

wow i havent visited the forums in ages.

its nice to see there is a canberra corolla meet

I drive a corolla LOL :)

its only stock though, no mods, as its a shared vehicle.

like to know what yous actually get upto at these meets?

and 7:30am is it thats early..

howdy all!

rob and i have planned another cruise for this sunday, sorry for the short notice but u gotta work with what u got :P

ok general plan

When: Sunday

Time: meet 9:30/10 ish

Meet where: dunno yet, up to u guys

What for?: cruise out to the cotter for a bbq if you are interested or just a cruise out to the cotter.

Who: everyone! (who drives a corolla)

ok here is a map for u.

map.jpg

basically we will meet up, get supplies whatever. cruise down the parkway start off at point hut, and work our way back up towards the cotter, have lunch or whatever, then start cruising again, back the way we came for a bit but then up brindabella road and twisty our way back to uriarra road before heading home. any suggestions or comments lemme know.

cheers guys sorry for the late notice but this is worth cancelling anything for :P :lol:

Michael!

no worries well i'll look into a date... more notice is always good, i just wanna do something this sunday cos i realised i have the day off completely :P :lol:

but would u guys prefer meeting half way or are u happy to drive all the way down here cos then at least some people know where they are going?

dont mind coming down .. only thing is that if we come down we would probably stay over night ... I think 300+ k's each way plus cruise is a bit much driving for 24 hours !!

Half way is approx Bowral .... would you agree ???

bowral is agreed, although i would think the best place for a meet would be the maccas on the highway near exeter, as there is a huge carpark out the back for trucks... we could hang there, eat and then chat or go for a drive and get lost or whatever

this sunday is out for me... the one after is a better bet i think...

jason what are you talking about 600km too much? we're doing brisbane in a day man! its a bit longer! and you are coming...

yeah set a date for a sunday meet, ill make sure i got the day free, and ill come join you guys... just gotta save that week for the petrol :P

haha petrol, causes so many hassles doesnt it

ok i'll have a chat with the boys and we'll look into it further, we'll discuss a halfway thing as well see which one is best for timing and stuff. no worries should be fun anyway whatever we do

All this sounds rather good but unfortunately I already have plans for this Sunday. I have friends travelling 400kms to come and stay over the weekend so I can't really change the plans.

Its rare that they come at all so that definately counts me out on Sunday.

I imagine I will be quite hung over!

Sorry guys!

All this sounds rather good but unfortunately I already have plans for this Sunday. I have friends travelling 400kms to come and stay over the weekend so I can't really change the plans.

Sorry guys!

BBQ is good hangover cure Mick, especially Rob's Spicey Chicken :D

Bowral is a good idea guys, I used to go to boarding school at Chevalier College up there so I know my way aroung fairly well. Bowral is actually I really nice place to stop and have some drinks or something too. Very peaceful (boring as sh*t any other time tho lol).

Sorry guys!

BBQ is good hangover cure Mick, especially Rob's Spicey Chicken :D

Bowral is a good idea guys, I used to go to boarding school at Chevalier College up there so I know my way aroung fairly well. Bowral is actually I really nice place to stop and have some drinks or something too. Very peaceful (boring as sh*t any other time tho lol).

sweet .. if you know the area then plan the day .. and a route !!! ...

id be down for some of that chicken ! hehehe