[ACT] Canberra Thread

MT

All this sounds rather good but unfortunately I already have plans for this Sunday. I have friends travelling 400kms to come and stay over the weekend so I can't really change the plans.

Its rare that they come at all so that definately counts me out on Sunday.

I imagine I will be quite hung over!

Sorry guys!

BBQ is good hangover cure Mick, especially Rob's Spicey Chicken :D

Bowral is a good idea guys, I used to go to boarding school at Chevalier College up there so I know my way aroung fairly well. Bowral is actually I really nice place to stop and have some drinks or something too. Very peaceful (boring as sh*t any other time tho lol).

Yeah no doubt the chicken would be good Rob. The guys wont be leaving til the afternoon though so I can't really up and leave them. Also, you guys are leaving at 9.30-10 yeah?

Theres no way i'll be able to legally drive at that time of the morning, I may not have even gone to bed yet!

Definately out for this Sunday, but if theres anything going on in the upcoming weeks, be sure to let me know!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whats goin on team,

I just got back into civilisation....woo hoo

Anyways, I got you sms Mick (Cheers and i will reply back)....

Sunday does sound good but because i just got back from being away i cant afford to loose my Sunday.....

However, i am willing to compromise :)

... I am keen to meet up for smaller, closer cruise to home....what do you think????

Well talk soon....

Richo

Hi Guys! How was the meeting on last Sunday? You must have lots of fun. :D I am so sorry that i couldn't make it. Need to go church... :(

It sucked. We couldn't find blackbeards treasure dammit.

lol nah it didn't end up happening. maybe this weekend, will have to sort it out with mick

morning all.... this monday is out meet... hopefully we can get a big turn out cos we have a special visitor!!!

Tom (blue_rolla) will be down from sydney and attending out meet, and then heading off home shortly after, so lets all go on monday and welome him!!!!

are we still gonna go to the lighthouse? does it matter that tom isnt 18? :P

then afterwards we can cruise up the highway for a bit with tom or just do whatever!

lemme know what u all think

its all about tom...

im really excited about meeting up with you guys... what's the lighthouse? and why would it matter that im not 18?

whatever cruise you decide to go on, do it in the direction of sydney, so i can get home earlier :P

Don't stress Sheldon,

I'm probably going to be rolling without my rims as well. Going back onto my stockies tomorrow.

My 18's are off to be refinished (finally) at Lenso.

I might even have to bring the 1ZZ yet ;)

Sheldon,

I think you should cut your losses with Quickfit and visit Vince at Injektd in Belconnen.

Hes not super organised but its not going to take him 5 weeks to get back to you about wheels.

I know Vince personally so I can take you there and introduce you if you like.

In the mean time check out:

www.tempetyres.com.au

www.allwheels.com.au

Vince can get anything advertised at these sites and pricing is generally exactly the same as anything listed.

As for lowering, he can organise that via Pedders in Belco as well. He gets a slightly better price than someone who walks in off the street.

Now keep in mind that I have heard mixed things about Pedders in Belconnen. I personally haven't ever taken a car there.

My suspension gets done by Chris at Inline steering and suspension in Queanbeyan. He is an absolute master and will treat your car with the same level of care as yourself. He always has a garage full of luxo's and exotics so rest assured he is trustworthy. The few times I have been out there i've seen a mix of Ferrari's, HSV's, Lotus' and Lexus'. He even used to do GTP Cup cars for Porsche Australia.

He might be a little more expensive than the rest but its well worth it for peace of mind.

Any lowering job includes:

• Supply of parts
  • Fitment
  • Wheel alignment
  • Additional alignment after 1000km (to allow springs to settle)

Just thought i'd provide some alternative info for you to think about. No pressure.

~Mick

Edited by mick0082

Sheldon,

I think you should cut your losses with Quickfit and visit Vince at Injektd in Belconnen.

Hes not super organised but its not going to take him 5 weeks to get back to you about wheels.

I know Vince personally so I can take you there and introduce you if you like.

In the mean time check out:

www.tempetyres.com.au

www.allwheels.com.au

Vince can get anything advertised at these sites and pricing is generally exactly the same as anything listed.

As for lowering, he can organise that via Pedders in Belco as well. He gets a slightly better price than someone who walks in off the street.

Now keep in mind that I have heard mixed things about Pedders in Belconnen. I personally haven't ever taken a car there.

My suspension gets done by Chris at Inline steering and suspension in Queanbeyan. He is an absolute master and will treat your car with the same level of care as yourself. He always has a garage full of luxo's and exotics so rest assured he is trustworthy. The few times I have been out there i've seen a mix of Ferrari's, HSV's, Lotus' and Lexus'. He even used to do GTP Cup cars for Porsche Australia.

He might be a little more expensive than the rest but its well worth it for peace of mind.

Any lowering job includes:

• Supply of parts
  • Fitment
  • Wheel alignment
  • Additional alignment after 1000km (to allow springs to settle)

Just thought i'd provide some alternative info for you to think about. No pressure.

~Mick

Hi Mick,

Thanks. I got quote from JMD already for my new Buddy Club P1 wheels which i think i will go for. I am planning to go down Sydney to bring them back sometimes in July. Perhaps I need your friend to put them on for me plus the wheel alignment at that time. :D Thanks for your info. I will keep them in mind!

cheers

Sheldon

thats the kiwi runX... owned by BarryOgden or something like that on the forums... same bumper as jimmy's.... so i believe Mr Bates was correct then... hmmmm

From New Zealand you say? :huh: *runs outside and torches car* :ph34r:

My one has black mesh Tom so happy days! :lol:

I don't fancy it with the eyelids though, it just doesn't work for me. Also, that bonnet is popped yeah? We did have some trouble fitting mine so it sat nice'n'flush but we got it looking ok eventually. It's obviously mass produced because it came with a variety of neat little black pieces to mount inside the mesh to cover the little bits of white that were visible, but I'm not sure if it's genuine Toyota because it didn't have that factory fit snuggly goodness.

Finally, GO YOU AUSSIES! World Cup Opening Ceremony begins in 1 minute!

• 1 month later...

***Mick takes Official Canberra post and shocks it with one of those zappy machines from ER to try and revive it***

Breathe d@mmit, breathe!

Where is everyone? Hang on...the post above from Jimmy was at the start of the World cup...and today is the end of the world cup, so I guess we were all watching football. I WAS!

Viva La Sposi, AZZURRI!

Italia, Fifa 2006 World Champions!

Edited by mick0082

Ok all!!!

Tomorrow, Tuesday 11 July

6:30 PM

CIT Reid Carpark (hey we all know where it is now ;) )

we can decide what we are doin then :P

be there or be square :P :lol:

post up if u are gonna come along

Ok all!!!

Tomorrow, Tuesday 11 July

6:30 PM

CIT Reid Carpark (hey we all know where it is now ;) )

we can decide what we are doin then :P

be there or be square :P :lol:

post up if u are gonna come along

Yep, I will be there!!!!

Anything is cool with me :)

or you can all go out tonight and track down Stitty's car... http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=7073

it's been spotted, so it's still alive and well :)

If you guys can organise a small cruise to do what you can it would be awesome... several car clubs are already out but more eyes the better :)