Another New Gadget !

Tony Prodigy

Hey Guys, you all know how much i love nice things, especially nice tools. i saw this item and it was just calling out to me lol. I had to have it.

It arrived today and I was thrilled at how beautifully it was made. The photos never really do them justice. This baby is precisely calibrated to torque the oil filter housing to 25 Nm, so dummies like me can never over tighten theirs :laugh:

I think I've learned my lesson anyways, but still, a beautiful piece of manufacturing excellence this Klick Wrench tool is. Made in Canada too, with a certificate of calibration.

20210419_171415.jpg

20210419_171429.jpg

20210419_171444.jpg

20210419_171513.jpg

20210419_171536.jpg

20210419_171549.jpg

20210419_171603.jpg

Looks awesome Tony, beautifully designed and finished thanks for the Pic's, those voices calling out to you may need to be checked out when at the Doctor's next time 🤣🤣.

Keep safe mate

KAA

8 hours ago, KAA said:

Looks awesome Tony, beautifully designed and finished thanks for the Pic's

The pleasure is all mine 😀

8 hours ago, KAA said:

those voices calling out to you may need to be checked out when at the Doctor's next time 🤣🤣.

I don't think they have a cure for it mate 😜

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

i saw this item and it was just calling out to me lol. I had to have it.

I was more thinking of the saying there is no replacement for displacement when I went shopping and ordered this.

PowerBlade Mower.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Haha, nice one Ash ! 225 cc, what a beast ! Does it have a hydro trans ?

My honda is 160cc.

Delivery is not until the end of the month. No idea about the self-propelled system. I was assuming that it was belt driven.

Existing push mowers are both Masport 158cc. I have repurposed the original Masport to be mulcher only and do all the rough stuff until it gets worn out.

Sort of applying the same approach with my Aurion of using until worn out then activate my standby Aurion.

I am planning/dreaming upon having one of these "gadgets" well after retirement especially if it has autonomous driving functionality.

10 hours ago, campbeam said:

No idea about the self-propelled system. I was assuming that it was belt driven.

Yes, The hydro is belt driven. There will be a pulley from the engine output shaft atop the blades and one on the hydro unit, and as the belt rotates, it creates the hydraulic pressure required to propel the back wheels. Genius !

My Honda mower has a flappy paddle set up on the top handle bar and all you do is push down and it propels itself forward. Being an all steel 21" deck it is a little on the heavy side if you had to push it yourself and so the hydro unit makes light work of it. All you have to do is follow and steer. I don't get exhaustion after a mowing session which is nice. I see my neighbors pushing their mowers sweating bullets and I think hell no.

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 6:22 AM, campbeam said:

I was more thinking of the saying there is no replacement for displacement when I went shopping and ordered this.

PowerBlade Mower.jpg

My new mechanical girlfriend got delivered Friday afternoon. Gross weight of 45kgs is a bit more than expected. Assembly was done on the weekend. Before adding the oil and petrol, I gave it a detail. Something that I would not have even thought about doing before joining this Forum and reading Tony's posts. Have to admire his OCD.

Started with a 9H ceramic coating for the underneath of the chassis, the grass catcher and then the rest of the mower. Following day, I applied P&S Beadmaker all over as a top coat.

All of this simple to do detailing should make any future cleaning very easy. 

• Like 2

Yes so much knowledge has come our way from Tony, every time i do anything involving cleaning our Presara I think "Now What Would Tony Do" LOL

She looks a beast Ash, I am sure the yard will be an easy job now with that much power, and are they cup holders on the piece between the handles?

If so then at least a 2 can mow job it seems LOL

KAA

• Like 1

11 hours ago, campbeam said:

My new mechanical girlfriend got delivered Friday afternoon. Gross weight of 45kgs is a bit more than expected

Glad to here it arrived. I suspect it has a steel deck and not aluminium. My Honda has a steel deck and it too is a bit hefty being 21", which is why it has the hydro transmission to do the heavy work for me. I cannot imagine trying to push it around without it.

11 hours ago, campbeam said:

Before adding the oil and petrol, I gave it a detail. Something that I would not have even thought about doing before joining this Forum and reading Tony's posts. Have to admire his OCD.

Started with a 9H ceramic coating for the underneath of the chassis, the grass catcher and then the rest of the mower. Following day, I applied P&S Beadmaker all over as a top coat.

This is the part I love and look forward too. There's something strangely satisfying in lavishing some attention in the order of preservation. It's like an invisible barrier or force field. It will getting dirty and dusty, but the clean up will be a lot easier for sure as the dirt will not stick. Allow the machine to cool, soak it with all purpose cleaner to help loosen off the dust and dirt and then pressure wash. I'd even give it a sudsy hand wash if required too.
Then just give it a wipe with a dry microfibre towel so you don't get those nasty water spots and she will look sharp for a long time. Re apply your sealant regularly to maintain the coating.

Congratulations on your purchase. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Re apply your sealant regularly to maintain the coating.

So much easier to maintain the coating so that is what I will be doing.  

8 hours ago, KAA said:

Yes so much knowledge has come our way from Tony, every time i do anything involving cleaning our Presara I think "Now What Would Tony Do" LOL

She looks a beast Ash, I am sure the yard will be an easy job now with that much power, and are they cup holders on the piece between the handles?

If so then at least a 2 can mow job it seems LOL

KAA

When I am cleaning and being a bit OCD [i.e. putting in the extra effort for better results], I am thinking of Tony.

She is a beast, engaged self-propel and she took off very smartly. It will be a brisk walk around the yard. Yes, they are cup holders between the handles. Doubt if they will get much use while mowing. 

Probably need the 2 cans while cleaning the car. 😄😄

• Haha 1