GR Yaris prices

Steve gee

Is it just me, or do I sense there are a heap of low K GR Yaris 2020 models for sale by speculators bought at $40000 for sale at $50000?

Also clapped out shed find TA and RA series celica rust buckets in terrible condition, advertised on gimtree from $3000 upwards?

And not a single GT4 anywhere. 

What has happened during covid lockdown?

I guess price is what you pay?

As for value, buyer beware.

Edited by Steve gee

There is a bubble forming and those foolish enough to get sucked in will pay dearly. Look at some prices for Commodores, especially the V8 utes. They were junk then and they will still be junk into the future. Modern cars are not really "collectable" and are only worth what someone is stupid enough to pay for. A GR Yaris for 50K is as ridiculous as it gets. I don't care if they build only 50 cars, there's no way that car will wind up in the Peterson Museum.

As for those rust bucket Celicas, there is a cult following for those cars and the ones buying them are most likely in the mechanical and panel beater trades who can sort them relatively cheaply. You also have to factor in supply and demand. The older cars tend to harder to find and as such will command a higher price.  

11 hours ago, Steve gee said:

Is it just me, or do I sense there are a heap of low K GR Yaris 2020 models for sale by speculators bought at $40000 for sale at $50000?

This could be so. I read about some of those pre-purchases previously being onsold at a premium. I am most likely being pessimistic but I am thinking that the opportunity could have now passed. 

6 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

There is a bubble forming and those foolish enough to get sucked in will pay dearly.

Due to supply chain issues, there is currently an under-supply of new vehicles which will eventually be sorted. This flows through to non-negotiable prices possibly offset by a better trade-in offer. 

The GR Yaris could be the last of the homologated vehicles specifically designed for the World Rally Championship. If it wins then I am sure it will find a place in a vehicle museum. 

I am not looking to past vehicles but to the future. I have seen just how fast off the mark a Tesla is easily keeping pace with a big cc motorbike.