My Epic Detailing Weekend ! Post Has been Updated

11 hours ago, Squalled said:

I hardly ever used my wipers since the water would just bead off the windscreen. It's one of those little things I once looked over that make a nice change to the driving experience.

Just a quick story. I had my sister in law in our Aurion one time and she knows absolutely nothing about cars let alone detailing and it happened to be raining. As we're driving along she realised that I wasn't using the wipers and was totally mezmerised by the bead show on the windscreen. She said, wow, look at that ! How do you make the rain bead away like that ?

I told her that it was "magic" 😁 Then went on to explain the process. She was in total awe.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, campbeam said:

My ah ah moment was when doing an interstate trip and going through heavy afternoon rain. I had to slow down to 90 kph because the wipers were not clearing the windscreen fast enough.

The funny thing with having a coating on the windscreen, is that the faster you go the clearer it gets. The beads combine in such a way that they actually mop the glass continuously. There is no wiper that can do that in a torrential downpour.

10 hours ago, campbeam said:

After seeing Tony's posts and viewing various YouTube videos for the P&S Beadmaker product, this is the product I started using on the front and rear windscreens then progressed to the windows then the body panels especially the front bonnet, roof and boot. Also after making the effort to thoroughly clean the glass and the body panels, I make sure that I do a top up application rather than start all over again.

I love the P&S products and I have a soft spot for the Beadmaker. It is a very slick product, but it needs to applied regularly to keep it at its optimum. 

It's a very versatile product. You can use it on everything. I even use it on the interior surfaces.

8 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I love the P&S products and I have a soft spot for the Beadmaker. It is a very slick product, but it needs to applied regularly to keep it at its optimum. 

It's a very versatile product. You can use it on everything. I even use it on the interior surfaces.

Just checked my maintenance record this morning. It has been about 4 months so planning upon applying it to the whole vehicle at earliest opportunity.

20 minutes ago, campbeam said:

Just checked my maintenance record this morning. It has been about 4 months so planning upon applying it to the whole vehicle at earliest opportunity.

For best results Ash, you'd need to give the whole car a decent decontamination. It's not imperative, but for best adhesion and longevity, I'd give it a strip wash at the very least. Dish washing liquid will strip any residual waxes or poly sealants, so don't be afraid to use it in cases like this. There is a dedicated "strip wash" you can buy, but the dish soap is ok to use as a substitute. Normally one would use strip wash then iron remover, then clay mitt the whole car surface, rinse, dry and go over it with a surface prep spray. Then it's ready for your sealant of choice.