Petrol which is the best for your car

2 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I have to agree with everything you said Bob. These Hybrids and electric cars do have pros, but the cons far outweigh the pros. They are becoming a proper "white good".

After the battery pack has packed up, the car will be virtually worthless, so what do we do ? We go out and buy another one just as we do for a fridge. They seem to stop functioning after the magic 10 year mark. So it's all planned to keep the cogs turning at the expense of the mug customer.

You are correct when you say, all that money you think you save will just need to be poured back into an old car to have the battery replaced and by then the car's electrics will be tired and tech has moved on, which in most cases the Jones' will want the newest, latest gadget anyway. The car makers have it all figured out.

I'm happy to just keep using the Aurion for as long as possible. I have no real interest in the white goods market unless there's a real breakthrough that's actually cost effective and doesn't wreak of a con job.

LOL tony it seems that the best sort of transport would have to be a motorbike cheaper on fuel 

3 minutes ago, Jamie Edwards said:

LOL tony it seems that the best sort of transport would have to be a motorbike cheaper on fuel 

100% true, but it's not for everyone unfortunately. I've been a rider since my early 20's and have had several motorcycles past and present and I can tell you that I would not attempt to commute on a motorcycle in today's crazy environment of selfish, entitled assholes who fidget with their phones like it's nobody's business. It's suicide mate.

I only take to the streets for recreation and mostly on Sundays as far away as possible from the metro areas. Get my fix and cruise home. I love my bikes as much as I do my cars. Another weakness of mine.. 😜

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 6:02 PM, Novicebutnice said:

If your car has 91 (RON) octane as the minimum, unless you are towing than 95 Octane will yield the best results

I have to agree with this rule of thumb.

Noticing that the engine is idling at lower rpm and acceleration is a lot smoother.

I think that it is mostly due to the recently replaced spark plugs but I have been recently topping up the fuel tank with 98PULP.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm still very happy driving my petrol Camry with 91 octain...especially now petrol is over $2 per Lt.  :smile:

On 5/17/2022 at 7:23 PM, Tony Prodigy said:

100% true, but it's not for everyone unfortunately. I've been a rider since my early 20's and have had several motorcycles past and present and I can tell you that I would not attempt to commute on a motorcycle in today's crazy environment of selfish, entitled assholes who fidget with their phones like it's nobody's business. It's suicide mate.

I only take to the streets for recreation and mostly on Sundays as far away as possible from the metro areas. Get my fix and cruise home. I love my bikes as much as I do my cars. Another weakness of mine.. 😜

I've never owned a bike or would I want to these days...it's dangerous enough driving a car with all the morons on our roads who just don't give a stuff.  :angry:

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2022 at 3:45 PM, bob007 said:

I'm still very happy driving my petrol Camry with 91 octain...especially now petrol is over $2 per Lt.  :smile:

I've never owned a bike or would I want to these days...it's dangerous enough driving a car with all the morons on our roads who just don't give a stuff.  :angry:

Understandable, at least the prices have come down a bit now.... for now....... 🤔