Jump to content


The misunderstood Aurion


Recommended Posts

I think alot of people underestimate the Toyota Aurion and Altise Ive always had Holdens a VF GTS and I used to laugh at them but now I own one I got to say there unreal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yes I used to be the same owned ford xr8 Holden ss V8 and it wasn’t until I owned a wrx that had a fair bit of work done to it and was running 18psi boost. And nothing on the street had beat me yet then a young guy in a silver TRD lined up next to me me and I got the jump but he whooped me so I lined up again and 3 times in a row I had my ***** handed to me. The next week I bought my baby 457/620 3500SL black with red leather that was 8 years ago I still have it now. But I think it’s time to let someone else experience the thrill. So it’s up for sale if anyone is intrested call me 0490802596

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bens1x said:

I think alot of people underestimate the Toyota Aurion and Altise Ive always had Holdens a VF GTS and I used to laugh at them but now I own one I got to say there unreal

 

2 hours ago, Mase TRD said:

then a young guy in a silver TRD lined up next to me me and I got the jump but he whooped me so I lined up again and 3 times in a row I had my ***** handed to me. The next week I bought my baby 457/620 3500SL black with red leather that was 8 years ago I still have it now. But I think it’s time to let someone else experience the thrill.

Looks like you both saw the light. The TRD version is especially nice, but generally speaking the Aurion is a special car in my mind. It combines all the elements that make it a well rounded vehicle. Power, comfort, economy, spacious, practical and excellent build quality. I don't think there will be a better car for the money. Love the V6 !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

generally speaking the Aurion is a special car in my mind. It combines all the elements that make it a well rounded vehicle. Power, comfort, economy, spacious, practical and excellent build quality. I don't think there will be a better car for the money. Love the V6 !

Totally agree that the Aurion is a well rounded vehicle. So impressed that I have had a spare/standby Aurion sitting in the backyard for 5 years. Fortunately nothing major has gone wrong with my 1st Aurion.

I do know that I would get very tempted if a later 50 series Aurion or V6 Camry became available at a bargain basement price.

In the meantime, I am loving the V6 after only having 4 cylinder vehicles.

Reckon the love will keep flowing for another 10 years or longer until there is a viable replacement autonomous Electric Vehicle at the right price [for me].

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, campbeam said:

So impressed that I have had a spare/standby Aurion sitting in the backyard for 5 years.

That's dedication. I'd love to buy another one. If I do it will definitely be a 50 series Presara, preferably the end of the run models.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

That's dedication. I'd love to buy another one. If I do it will definitely be a 50 series Presara, preferably the end of the run models.

Original intention was to sell my existing Aurion but no reasonable offers received so gave up. Thinking changed so that if my Aurion gets written off in an accident, I would be after another Aurion to replace it. No problem if a worst case scenario happens and you have a standby ready to go.

Still occasionally looking for a give away priced 50 Series Aurion as another project.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My 19yo, now on his red PS, is driving our GSV40 and I know he'll have very little trouble with the car, thankfully its 2 big flaws - water pump and alternator - have both been addressed already -:)

But I'm sure he'd swap it for a VF GTS in the blink of an eye. I know I would!

Edited by AurionX2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely a great (and often overlooked) car. I still miss aspects of mine after moving to a GTI (the engine sound, comfort and reliability).

The Aurion didn't have many of the 'major' issues that come with the (more expensive) Falcons/Commodores like timing chains, diff bushings, transmission milkshake etc. I used to think the water pump going at 150000km was poor, but a looot (probably more than not) of Golf owners see theirs leaking at 40000km's. I can smell coolant from mine everytime I get out of the car and apparently that's normal 😆.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, AurionX2 said:

My 19yo, now on his red PS, is driving our GSV40 and I know he'll have very little trouble with the car, thankfully its 2 big flaws - water pump and alternator - have both been addressed already -:)

But I'm sure he'd swap it for a VF GTS in the blink of an eye. I know I would!

Lucky kid to be able to drive a very decent vehicle in his formative years. I'd be extremely happy with the Aurion and it will keep him safe too. 

I'd have a VF GTS any day too, but I'd lose my license in that one 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, donnot said:

The Aurion didn't have many of the 'major' issues that come with the (more expensive) Falcons/Commodores like timing chains, diff bushings, transmission milkshake etc. I used to think the water pump going at 150000km was poor, but a looot (probably more than not) of Golf owners see theirs leaking at 40000km's.

Toyota build quality is the defining factor. No mechanically driven thing can be perfect, but Toyota definitely do it better than most.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2021 at 3:52 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

Toyota build quality is the defining factor. No mechanically driven thing can be perfect, but Toyota definitely do it better than most.

I have been thinking about your post. Fully agree that build quality is a defining factor. However, I changed from Honda to Toyota mainly because of price.

A big reason why I will not buy a VW Group vehicle is because of their Corporate culture e.g. dieselgate, warranty claim avoidance.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Totally agree that the V6 Aurion is a superb car. My vehicle is now 12.5 years old with only 75,000 on the clock and is like new but is going into the Dealership next week to have a sticky dashboard replaced. Toyota have agreed to pay for half of the cost of the new dashboard.

Amazing that the Aurion has an external engine oil cooler and active engine mounts.

As a second car I purchased a new 2021 Supra GR GTS in January and my new Supra/BMW has broken down twice within twelve weeks. OK 12.5 years with the Aurion and not a problem. 12 weeks for a $105,000 BMW and the thing had no drive available. Mind you 15 software updates on the Supra and the car does seem to be running OK, and what a car.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, *** said:

but is going into the Dealership next week to have a sticky dashboard replaced. Toyota have agreed to pay for half of the cost of the new dashboard.

I thought they were obsolete those 40 series dash pads. They still have some in stock you mean ??

18 minutes ago, *** said:

As a second car I purchased a new 2021 Supra GR GTS in January and my new Supra/BMW has broken down twice within twelve weeks. OK 12.5 years with the Aurion and not a problem. 12 weeks for a $105,000 BMW and the thing had no drive available. Mind you 15 software updates on the Supra and the car does seem to be running OK, and what a car.

I saw your other post on this. Is this a common problem they are finding with these ? I'm sure they'll figure it out and hopefully you never break down again.

Keep us posted. Awesome car the Supra. The BMW engine makes it what it is.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Toyota Owners Club AU © 2020 | This Website has no association with Toyota (AU) or Toyota Motor Corporation. | Cookies | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership