Bought my second '05 sportivo today

Hey guys, I just bought my second sportivo today, my previous one I owned only lasted 2 weeks before I crashed her, so still pretty new to the 2zzge community. Both tivos I've owned are 2005 models. The previous tivo I owned already had a CAI and exhaust installed, plus a reconditioned engine and gearbox. New lift bolts, etc. I bought my last one at 180,000 kms, and now the one I bought today is sitting at around 185,000 kms. The one I bought today is bone stock N/A, even stock headunit. Now I'm just concerned with the engine reliability and longevity. Do these engines/cars have a lot of life in them? And how do I get them to last ages? Thanks for your input guys.

6 hours ago, charlizetivo said:

Now I'm just concerned with the engine reliability and longevity. Do these engines/cars have a lot of life in them? And how do I get them to last ages?

It is all about maintenance and driver care vs abuse.

I would recommend using a quality full synthetic engine oil and changing it every 5000-7500 kms or 6 months. Also check and change the coolant and use fuel with the recommended RON rating.

Drive sedately and avoid over-revving the engine.

Actual Corolla Sportivo owners should be able to provide more specific advice.

Regular maintenance is the key to any engine longevity. As Ashley pointed out also, it should also encompass driver behaviour. If you're one with a lead foot, then don't expect miracles. Everything has its limits and if you do the oil changes frequently and have some mechanical sympathy, you're car will provide many years of good service. Some people who don't really care usually flip their cars every few years so maintenance doesn't factor in that much, but if you plan to be a long term owner like most of us here, you should follow the basics to a tee. 

The 2ZZ is more than capable of reaching 400000+ kms, it's generally human error that kills them. As long as you service it regularly you'll have no issues. Hitting lift once or twice isn't really thrashing to be honest, well within what the engine was designed for.

On 6/16/2021 at 8:25 PM, Squalled said:

The 2ZZ is more than capable of reaching 400000+ kms, it's generally human error that kills them. As long as you service it regularly you'll have no issues. Hitting lift once or twice isn't really thrashing to be honest, well within what the engine was designed for.

**** yeah, was hitting lift everywhere today, feels so good haha