2013 RAV4 Display Panel

Drums72

My wife’s vehicle and the display/radio/reverse camera panel is in some type of loading/reboot mode everytime car is turned on… is there any way to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, Drums72 said:

My wife’s vehicle and the display/radio/reverse camera panel is in some type of loading/reboot mode everytime car is turned on… is there any way to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

Does it stay in boot mode or does it eventually boot up and function like normal ?

• 4 weeks later...

@Tony Prodigy I had taken my 2015 RAV 4 Cruiser in for a service on the 27th May. My Audio Display unit was working perfectly when I dropped it off. When I picked it up, it was doing exactly what your wife's car was doing. They said there was an issue with it but didn't explain properly what it was or show me. It was only after I left and found it reloading all the time. They won't take responsibility for the problem and are trying to say that it is just one of those things that happens. I have now gone to Consumer Affairs and they believe I have a case. I am about to send a letter via email to them and advise them about Consumer Affairs and the Section 60 they have breached. If I don't get them to take responsibility for it, I will take it to VCAT here in Victoria. I'm not paying for it to be replaced. As I said, it was fine when I dropped it off and it wasn't working when I picked it up. To have it fixed Tony will cost either over $3000 brand new or $1800 for a reconditioned one. Good luck with it.

1 hour ago, Maggs said:

@Tony Prodigy I had taken my 2015 RAV 4 Cruiser in for a service on the 27th May. My Audio Display unit was working perfectly when I dropped it off. When I picked it up, it was doing exactly what your wife's car was doing. They said there was an issue with it but didn't explain properly what it was or show me. It was only after I left and found it reloading all the time. They won't take responsibility for the problem and are trying to say that it is just one of those things that happens. I have now gone to Consumer Affairs and they believe I have a case. I am about to send a letter via email to them and advise them about Consumer Affairs and the Section 60 they have breached. If I don't get them to take responsibility for it, I will take it to VCAT here in Victoria. I'm not paying for it to be replaced. As I said, it was fine when I dropped it off and it wasn't working when I picked it up. To have it fixed Tony will cost either over $3000 brand new or $1800 for a reconditioned one. Good luck with it.

In my mind and in most other's, when you leave your car in someone's care, they are ultimately responsible. Sounds like a weasel of a service manager trying to give you the flick. He wouldn't get far with me, because I will kick up some noise and good for you doing the same.

It is very possible that something happened during the course of the service causing the head unit to malfunction. It can't be that coincidental. 

A good manager would never argue with a customer and would jump at the opportunity to fix the situation rather than have a customer walk away unhappy. Did you leave a review for that dealer ? That's usually a good motivator for them to make things right too.

Good luck with the VCAT. Let us know how you go.

Cheers :thumbsup: