Pre-Crash Safety Malfunction

KarlB

Hi

Has anyone experienced problems with Pre-Crash System. I was doing a trip in Simpson Desert when I started to get messages saying Pre-crash Safety malfunction Visit your Dealer.

I cleaned front Toyota badge and camera behind windscreen and disconnected battery in an attempt to reset system but error message kept appearing and eventually I was getting multiple system failure messages. Toyota dealer has reset system twice now but error messages keep coming back.

Any ideas?

Karl

There's either a hardware issue or a dodgy electrical connection somewhere. A good technician should properly interrogate the system from a wiring diagram and trace all the plugs/connectors and measure the voltages as per the diagram. If the voltages aren't correct then this will lead them to the root cause.. Sometimes it's as simple as moisture or dirt having entered a plug somewhere. Toyota should have experienced techs who can evaluate a wiring diagram in addition use their diagnostic tools to dig a little further.

Insist on an experienced Technician otherwise they'll pass it over to an apprentice who will have no clue and charge you through the khyber.

Modern cars are so loaded with tech and gadgets it's no wonder people have issues with them, especially these off roader vehicles that can see extreme conditions.

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...