Sportivo Clutch Replacement - Where to buy and install?

Last week I bought a Sportivo that needs a clutch replacement. I'm looking at the Exedy HD Clutch (TYK-7334HD) kit. Where can I buy these in-store? Shipping takes a while and I'm looking at replacing the clutch ASAP. Also looking for good garages to do the installation for me. Anyone able to help me out? I'm located in South-West Sydney, NSW. 

Also, if there are any other alternative clutches to use instead of the Exedy heavy duty, please let me know! 

Thanks, Tony. I received a quote from Western Clutch Services this morning. I specifically asked for clutch number TYK-7334HD, however he returned saying he only had TYK-6932HHD in stock and that they were interchangeable, and also cheaper. I asked him if he was absolutely sure of that, he said "yes". Does anyone know if this is factual? Ended up quoting me $1,240 for part, labour, flywheel machining and gearbox oil. 

I managed to find out some info for you from a company who sell exedy clutches exclusively. 

They reckon the TYK- 6932 HHD only suits the 1ZZ engine not the 2ZZ.

I told them I had a 2ZZ_GE Sportivo. So your TYK-7334HD clutch is what you want.

Maybe just find the cheapest offering and have a mechanic install it so you know the correct one is going in. I think that mechanic who reckons the 6932 should double check himself before laying a claim like that.

Here's a screenshot of the reply I received.

Follow this advice and you shouldn't have a problem.

Screenshot_20210615-141427_eBay.jpg

Edited by Tony Prodigy

The 1ZZ and 2ZZ clutches are interchangeable (flywheels are not), however I would still only run the 2ZZ clutch behind a 2ZZ (it could be considered an upgrade on a 1ZZ).  Bolt pattern/dowels/area are the same, however the 2ZZ clutch will have a higher clamping force (to suit the ~40% extra power).

Ended up telling the guy over the phone that I spoke to Exedy Australia over the phone, and that the rep told me that the TYK-7334HD is designed to handle the 2zz engine whereas the TYK-6932HHD is meant for the 1zz. The clutch guy asked if I then wanted to order the TYK-7334HD instead, to which I replied with "yes please". Got there the following morning, left the car there for several hours and came back to collect it. Upon checking out, he quickly wanted to show me how the TYK-7334HD and the TYK-6932HHD clutches were EXACTLY the same. He said that the same specification number on the clutch disc or whatever matches the other clutch. I just pretty much said "yeah, ok" and left it at that. I think despite his claims I will continue to use the TYK-7334HD in the distant future. 

14 hours ago, charlizetivo said:

Ended up telling the guy over the phone that I spoke to Exedy Australia over the phone, and that the rep told me that the TYK-7334HD is designed to handle the 2zz engine whereas the TYK-6932HHD is meant for the 1zz. The clutch guy asked if I then wanted to order the TYK-7334HD instead, to which I replied with "yes please". Got there the following morning, left the car there for several hours and came back to collect it. Upon checking out, he quickly wanted to show me how the TYK-7334HD and the TYK-6932HHD clutches were EXACTLY the same. He said that the same specification number on the clutch disc or whatever matches the other clutch. I just pretty much said "yeah, ok" and left it at that. I think despite his claims I will continue to use the TYK-7334HD in the distant future. 

TYK6932 was the standard clutch for the older A-series powered Corollas (AE102, AE112 etc), and was probably the original clutch on the 1ZZ-powered ZZE122s as well.  The TYK7334 was the uprated clutch fitted to the 2ZZ-powered ZZE123, which consists of the same friction disc and throwout bearing but a higher-rated pressure plate.  Thus, it is quite possible that that TYK7334 _is_ the TYK6932HD, and thus the 7334HD also corresponds to the 6932HHD (as far as all the internal parts are concerned), but the "kits" are numbered differently because of the different applications (and maybe to stop people trying to cheap out and put a plain 6932 on a 2ZZ).  In short, standard 2ZZ clutch = heavy-duty 1ZZ clutch, heavy duty 2ZZ = heavy heavy duty 1ZZ.

Looking at Exedy's website now, they don't even list the 6932 for the ZZE122s any more, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're just letting it run obsolete (they do still list it for the 102/112 however)