2010 Hilux 2.7vvti auto low idle problem

Daznjo

I know I may be a Tasmanian and a newbie! But I thought at least 1 fellow Hilux owner may have responded to a question I asked near 2 weeks ago!!! Anyway I have a 2010 Hilux 2.7vvti auto and when warmed up and and driving to a stop, shortly after the motor comes to a lower idle causing a vibration. Any help with a fix would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

9 hours ago, Daznjo said:

I know I may be a Tasmanian and a newbie! But I thought at least 1 fellow Hilux owner may have responded to a question I asked near 2 weeks ago!!!

Hi Darren and welcome to the forum. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact you're from Tasmania my friend. I bought my "other" car, a BMW M3 from Tasmania 13 years ago and found it to be a wonderful place. The people there are very friendly and the place is very easy to get around too. It doesn't suffer the over crowding we're facing here in Sydney. If I had to leave Sydney for good, it would be a toss up between Queensland or Tasmania.

As for your question, I'm assuming there isn't anyone here who has experienced the issue you describe hence the no response. I did have 2013 Hilux a few years back and besides it being pretty gutless, it ran ok for the 3 or so years I had it. My company then put me in an Isuzu D-Max after this and am now doing time in a 2020 Colorado.

Have you had the car inspected by a mechanic ? I'd have the ECU scanned to see if there are any fault codes stored first and go from there. There could be something doing with the idle control. It's really hard to say and if nobody has had this issue either, it makes it even more difficult. I don't think it's a common problem, but you never know with these modern engines. Everything is sensor this, sensor that, module here, there etc.. I remember you used to be able to get a car going with a screwdriver and a few spanners 😄

Hopefully someone may be able to chime in for you mate, otherwise just go seek a mechanic or if it can wait till the next service, have them check it then.

All the best to you :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a similar problem with my older 2000 Hilux ute at around 150,000 k's several years ago,..started up well but inside a couple of minutes the accelerator pedal was struggling to respond with any power at all.

Took it to my local Toyota dealer workshop,......turned out to be a faulty knock sensor, which was replaced with a new sensor and bingo,.....good as gold again and still driving perfectly when I sold the ute af 260,000 k's.

Cheers

Lance S.

• 1 month later...

Just viewed another video by Scotty so went looking for an appropriate thread for the post.

I will have to remember this trick when I next start up the engine on my standby Aurion to check for a possible vacuum leak.