Power steering issues

Bens101x

Hi I'm very worried about my power steering fluid levels 

O only bought this 2009 Aurion Touring with low kms about 2 months ago if there were any leaks it should have been picked up by the mechanic who serviced the car for years ! Now I didn't check the power steering fluid when i bought it but I'm guessing it was at the right level 

So is it normal to lose so much fluid in 2 months 

20210629_144729.jpg

20 minutes ago, Bens101x said:

Hi I'm very worried about my power steering fluid levels 

O only bought this 2009 Aurion Touring with low kms about 2 months ago if there were any leaks it should have been picked up by the mechanic who serviced the car for years ! Now I didn't check the power steering fluid when i bought it but I'm guessing it was at the right level 

So is it normal to lose so much fluid in 2 months 

20210629_144729.jpg

The fluid may have never been topped up during its life thus far, given it is not at or below the low level. Blaming the lack of attention on the mechanics who serviced the car is unfair, particularly the fluid is still in normal range. You cannot simply believe the fluid to all the sudden fall to that level after only your two months of ownership, given you have stated that you never checked it upon purchase. 

I have to be honest, the level is not below the low mark and should not be concern, especially if it gone down to that level after the 12 years the car has been on the road.

• Confused 1

Well it was previously owned by a couple in their 70s ok and the bloke never drove but she did only ever to shops ect 

They loved it and it's never missed a service and I know it had 2 new tyres put on it just before I picked it up 

The lady died and this is why his selling it doesn't drive ! I really don't think he did his homework his sold it way Less than hd should have.

9 hours ago, Noodle Boy said:

The fluid may have never been topped up during its life thus far, given it is not at or below the low level. Blaming the lack of attention on the mechanics who serviced the car is unfair, particularly the fluid is still in normal range. You cannot simply believe the fluid to all the sudden fall to that level after only your two months of ownership, given you have stated that you never checked it upon purchase. 

I have to be honest, the level is not below the low mark and should not be concern, especially if it gone down to that level after the 12 years the car has been on the road.

I didn't check the level before buying so for say I said something I didn't and I know about the mechanic that serviced it his A grade Accredited his a gun mechanic 

But I'm waiting to hear from someone 

Sorry, but I still don't understand: the photo in your first post on this page, is it the most recent one? To me the fluid level looks normal, if the car was parked on level ground when you took it.

3 hours ago, AurionX2 said:

Sorry, but I still don't understand: the photo in your first post on this page, is it the most recent one? To me the fluid level looks normal, if the car was parked on level ground when you took it.

I knew this was going to cause confusion when the OP posted two threads on the exact same subject. :whistling: