2012 hilux best phone to pair with it

Horsefodder

Hi, I used to have an old htc that worked well, with all functions in the hilux, I am now in need of a replacement phone, I don’t need to require anything flash, just something that will work , can anyone recommend a simple phone that will pair with the stereo and work well, I tried an iPhone 6s, and couldn’t get internet or messages to work, I tried a Samsung j3 and some of it works some of the time, many thanks for any advice

You don't need the flashiest phone out there and at the same time you don't want to go too cheap either. Somewhere in the middle is ideal. Seeing how fast technology moves I'd be more inclined to get a phone plan so that when the contract expires, you can renew it and it gives you a new phone each time. I have always used Samsung phones as I don't really like Apple, both as a company and their products. My wife has had the Galaxy S phones, including her current S10 which have been excellent and I currently have a Samsung A21S which is a huge step up from my old Galaxy Note III.

You really need to keep up with the tech because the longer you keep a phone, the quickly outdated the system becomes and certain Apps don't play all that well anymore. Newer phones just function better with the improvements in chip technology and new innovative functionality. 

Go online and checkout a phone store that offers phone contracts and see which one will suit you and then go from there. It all depends what kind of user you are. Light, medium or heavy. There is a phone plan to suit all.

Buying a phone outright is a waste of money I reckon. This locks you into a device that will go out of date quickly while others around you are on newer, better devices. Stay up to date with your phone and it will make your interation much easier than fighting with an older one. I know, been there and done it.

All the best mate :thumbsup:

Edited by Tony Prodigy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm buying a new phone and I looked at a new 2021 $850 Samsung.  Most of the youtube reviews gave the model high praise but when I read 10 retail store users reviews, eight of those ten users were severely critical of the model, with heating and dropping out being among their complaints..............enough to send me straight back to buying an iphone again.

It depends on the stereo I suppose. Someone put a Pioneer one in mine which isn't original. I suppose it's hit & miss whether it works or not, best to try one out before you buy it. Am using an el-Cheapo Nokia that cost me €140 but havn't bothered to try pairing it yet