My 1st long journey

Bens101x

Just serviced my Aurion checked it right over ! lm going to Perth soon the last time i went over the Nullabour Plain was when i was 16 in a semi trailer my Dad was a interstate truck driver 

I know what to expect so Perth here i come

Edited by Bens101x
stuff left out

Hope you can make it Ben, the borders shutting and open all the damn time so check really well what is required before setting off just in case

Enjoy it and soak in the beauty we have here

KAA

2 hours ago, Bens101x said:

I have freinds in Perth but im doing this trip to really give the car a good run and test Toyotas reliability

Toyota reliability is a known factor for the Aurion. What you are really going to be testing is how well the vehicle has been serviced and maintained.

Remember your vehicle is 12 yrs old and some parts may unexpectedly require replacement. This happened to me recently when the water pump started making noises one Saturday morning just before I was going to book accommodation for the following week. 

Hopefully, all goes well for you and there are no mishaps on your trip.

• Thanks 1

you brought up some very vital points ive been over the Nullabour 3 times but it was 25 years ago when i wad 17 and on those occassions i was with my Dad in his truck i will show a picture off it

It gets hot very hot you will travel 500kms without seeing any civilisation whatsoever most people say its like being on the moon because off how flat it is there are no hills at all for 5,000kms so i will be putting it right up there on the speedo and its probaly the safest place in the world if you run off the road its just flat sand 

This Aurion off mine it took 3 months to find its a bargain to say the least its only ever had 1 owner an elderly couple in there 60s bought it brand new in 2009 the bloke didnt have a license and never drove so his wife always drove it never further than 20km from home its never missed a service and has been garaged every night and in all those years nothing has ever gone wrong 

i bought it for a mere $10,000 with 120.000kms on the odometor you should see on carsales ect there are people with 2008 2010 2009 2011 model Aurions with 180.000kms and there asking $14,000

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...