Front parking sensors

K B Turner

I have a 2021 RAV 4 with nudge bar fitted. The front sensors can go off very time I stop on the road if it has been raining. The Toyota dealer says it is a common problem and they cant fix it. Have others had this problem?

• 3 months later...
On 7/21/2021 at 6:26 PM, K B Turner said:

I have a 2021 RAV 4 with nudge bar fitted. The front sensors can go off very time I stop on the road if it has been raining. The Toyota dealer says it is a common problem and they cant fix it. Have others had this problem?

• 4 months later...

• 2 years later...

When I bought our nudge bar it came with a warning that you'd have to disconnect front parking sensors if fitted.  (ours doesn't have front sensors so no problems).   The parking sensors are the little black buttons mounted in the bumper.  Is it not possible to physically move them (may need to extend wires) so they're mounted on little brackets under the nudge bar? 

• 4 weeks later...

This is interesting to read.  I have a 2020 AWD cruiser & it never used to go off, but lately when it rains, and then the rain stops but the car is still wet, my front sensors activate & beep & bring up the pictures on the screen despite nothing being anywhere near the front of the car.  I had listed this for the dealer to investigate but perhaps I will take it off the list.  Most annoying as the only way I can stop it is to manually turn off the park assist until the car/weather dries out enough.