2007 Aurion

Vix

On 10/10/2021 at 5:13 PM, Hiro said:

E91/E95/E98 implies 91%/95%/98% ethanol by the way (like E85), basically straight alcohol...

Haha, yeah, I think our friend got carried away with the E but I'm sure he meant 91/95/98 RON. Homer Simpson would be very happy with straight alcohol though 😄

Hey guys,

Back again for some advice. A few days ago (on a raining day), the front of the car/wheels started to shake violently for about 2-3 seconds when i tried to take off (just a normal tap on the acceleration) after stopping (traffic light) on a hill. It happened to me twice now at the same traffic light. No problem when i stop and start from the same street when its dry, and no problem on a flat wet surface. Only happens when the condition is wet and I accelerate from stopping on a angle/hill. The tyres have at least 50% tread.

Also, how can i improve my radio signal? I've recently paid to installed one of those (doggy lol) ebay 9inch headunit...96.1 the edge fm is gone lol. The stock standard was ok 80% of the time time but with this new headunit, the edge is gone forever wherever i go...the other stations are not working as good as well while i was driving. The auto electrician said there is some kind of interference with the rear view mirror dash cam i have in the car. but when i unplug the thing it doesnt make that much of a difference.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers! 

On 10/16/2021 at 10:09 PM, Vix said:

A few days ago (on a raining day), the front of the car/wheels started to shake violently for about 2-3 seconds when i tried to take off (just a normal tap on the acceleration) after stopping (traffic light) on a hill. It happened to me twice now at the same traffic light. No problem when i stop and start from the same street when its dry, and no problem on a flat wet surface. Only happens when the condition is wet and I accelerate from stopping on a angle/hill. The tyres have at least 50% tread.

Looks like you're breaking traction at a section of road which has a low tack surface. Asphalt can be slippery, both dry or wet, depending on its surface. The smoother it is the worse it will be, especially on an incline. There's nothing wrong with your car. It's just reacting to a bad road surface that's all.

Another thing to remember is that when your tyres get older, they get harder and will lose grip too. I guarantee you that if you put new tyres on, that issue will disappear.

• Thanks 1

Funny to see someone else having this issue recently, when there seems to be so little info available of people having a similar thing. 
My 08 is doing the same thing, somewhere around 5k rpm under load (havent tested in neutral or low load yet). It stops as you rev higher, only lasting about 0.3-0.5s as the revs climb. 
Sounds like its time for me to hit up a toyota mechanic as well.

Another thing comes to mind just thinking a bit more. Is it possible your transmission could be short of fluid perhaps and slipping. I'd look into when and if the trasnmission has ever been serviced too. Could be bad fluid or low on fluid. This aside, the 2GR does have quite substantial torque so breaking traction is pretty easy to do, especially it being a front wheel drive car.