Front oil cooler hose

Jcvhsle

Hi, new to site.  I’m sure there would be a post here for my question.  Is there or has there been a recall for the front oil cooler hose on 2grfe engines.  Mine let go tonight.  Touch wood no major damage internally, well that we know of yet.   240k old.  Shall I just replace the single hose or is there a better newer alternative.  TIA.

jon

To my knowledge, Toyota Australia has not done an official recall for all vehicles but will replace the front cooler hoses with an all metal version.

You should contact Toyota Australia/Customer service 1800 869 682

They will advise what will need to be done to have your vehicle repaired. Please note that your vehicle will most likely need to be towed to the nearest Toyota Dealership.

As you would have discovered, there is rapid engine oil loss when one of these rubber hoses fails.

There are a number of posts on this Forum which I would recommend reading before contacting Toyota Australia/Customer service 1800 869 682 Even though your vehicle is more than 10 years old, Toyota Australia will pay for the repair. It is a known fault. 

Please keep us informed of developments.

As already stated Toyota should replace these free of charge.

Mine were originally replaced with the so called upgraded rubber version, they refused the metal ones. Apparently a 10 year warranty for the upgraded rubber ones. Anyway long story short the upgraded ones failed after 5 years, were subsequently replaced with all metal ones at no cost.

Was just very lucky happened pulling on to driveway at home, wonder what the story would have been if a blown engine.

Good luck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wilsact said:

wonder what the story would have been if a blown engine.

More stories on the USA Forum. Happened to one owner while driving on a freeway. Oil light came on and he pulled over immediately. Vehicle was then towed to a dealership and engine ended up being OK.  You ignore oil warning lights at your own peril.

18 hours ago, wilsact said:

Mine were originally replaced with the so called upgraded rubber version, they refused the metal ones. Apparently a 10 year warranty for the upgraded rubber ones. Anyway long story short the upgraded ones failed after 5 years, were subsequently replaced with all metal ones at no cost.

I'll never understand how they thought rubber would be suitable to plumb hot oil ! 

It has to be metal. A no brainer really. 

"Upgraded rubber", My *SS !!